• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sapphire RX 580 Nitro not detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cnfzd

Hello,

I am trying to install a new AMD Sapphire RX 580 8GB. and placed it on PCI 16x on my motherboard which is Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5

The OS is Windows 10 64bit.

I have downloaded RX 5xx drivers software from AMD site and installed that, but it did not detect the GPU.

I can not see the GPU in Windows Device manger under Display adapter either. The GPU lights are on but the fans do not rotate.

I'm struggling with this nasty problem for hours, so really appreciate your help.

Are both your 8 pin and 6 pin pci-e power cables plugged in to the card?
The fans will stay off until a decent load is put on the gpu.
What were you using prior to installing the rx 580? Integrated graphics? Make sure all previous video drivers are uninstalled.
In bios, set Intel processor graphics to disabled, also set Initial display output to slot 1.
Is Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode or Legacy? You may have to reinstall if installed in Legacy mode.

Last edited:
Are both your 8 pin and 6 pin pci-e power cables plugged in to the card?
The fans will stay off until a decent load is put on the gpu.
What were you using prior to installing the rx 580? Integrated graphics? Make sure all previous video drivers are uninstalled.
In bios, set Intel processor graphics to disabled, also set Initial display output to slot 1.
Is Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode or Legacy? You may have to reinstall if installed in Legacy mode.

Thanks a lot Greg. You saved my day.
The problem was that I did not plugged 8 pin cable, as I assumed only 6 pin cable would suffice!

Back