• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sempron Le-1200 2,1GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skycraft91

Hi. I'm new and would like to know if this garbage AMD Sempron Le-1200 2,1GHz CPU can get better(overclocked) safely.
Here are some photos of CPU Z and HWMonitor. Also it's a stick of 2GB RAM.
CPUID HWmonitor.png
CPU.png
MEMORY.png
Motherboard.png
SPD.png

Tell me what else you need me to do :salute:

Welcome to the Forums Skycraft. Are the images you posted while the cpu is under load or at idle? What cpu cooler are you using?

cputin shows a temp of 81c. This needs to be corrected before any overclocking occurs here. This temp is double what it should be even on air cooling for stock clocks.

^^^^ right....also do not believe what cpu z or any other 3rd party tells you about voltages, beleive your bios tells ya, voltage and heat for cpu and motherboard, i killed an gig ep 45t extreme from beleiving cpuz voltages , 4 gig boards actually, im not a gig fan at all, voltages create heat in anything, normally, voltage will kill, cpu heat if gets too high they have a shutdown from the heat from the cpu but also does depend on what cooling you use as well, but voltage too high without the right cooling will kill it, but then again it depends on the chip and board, sometimes you can gwt 2 goodins thatll stand it all thrown at it

the RIGHT cooling for anything is the main factor, regardless of what type of cooling you use to get results

Hi Ozzy! Welcome to OCF brother!

It's probably accurate in cpu-z. That cpu may request up to 1.4v stock actually. But it will likely run 2.1ghz with a little less voltage than 1.304v.
I would DL coretemp and check comparison to HWMonitor to see which temp is higher.
AUXTIN is probably the VRM package area. I would spot cool this. The VRMs do not have heatsinks. You shouldn't need them, any decent air flow would be fine.
Since we are looking at high temps on this low end 45w chip, I would guess case air flow needs to be increased too.

hey shrimpy, :thup:, well as you and others know vrms are rated at 105c, sorry but i just beleive cpz voltages any more, scotty told me ages ago to beleive your bios, next thing the 45t extreme was dead coz i beleived cpuz, anyway, he could well have a bad tim between the ihs and chips too, you know all about that

i got hwmonitor now on my daily and it tells me i have 54 c at 4 gig on my asrock 890 fx deluxe 3, with the 980 be in it, at idle, and i dont beleive it, i got 9 fans in my case a antec darkfleet 85, 8 standard, the other is hot glued to the back of the mobo, a 40 mill x 10 mill that spins at over 3000, to help cool the chip areas

a 45 w chip like that im guessin no more than 40 c would be acceptable, cooling is everything, no matter what type of cooling anyone chooses

Your 980BE draws a lot harder on that VRM than an LE chip ever will. lol.
\
\
I got hwmonitor now on my daily and it tells me I have 54 c at 4 gig on my asrock 890 fx deluxe 3

This is acceptable. That's a hot chip even on AIO. I wouldn't run it with no less than 120.4 and push pull.

scotty told me ages ago to beleive your bios

My only argument to that is.... why does everyone use it? Got to have some kind of basis to go buy visually. If you increase voltage and clocks with software, it's nice to have that feed back that it did something on the fly.

So you just simply pick the software with the most accurate reading and use it. How can you detect v-droop under a 4 core load? Even if the reading is off by a margin, at least you can calculate the stability of that volt current during a burn in.

I think you took what Mr. Scott said too literally. What he really meant was, when all software fails, use the readout in bios when need be. Use software any time you want/need too. If your particular software seems to be lying, by all means, check that bios reading!

Oh Hay Ozzy! Make a sig when you get a chance!

unless ive got a bad version of em, anyway, i rely on sight and touch more than anything, you know im really good with software anyway . always seem to **** up somethin in the process,

i dont need a sig shrimpy, i got nothin spectacular to show, its nothin out of the ordinary mate other than good cooling

unless ive got a bad version of em, anyway, i rely on sight and touch more than anything, you know im really good with software anyway . always seem to **** up somethin in the process,

i dont need a sig shrimpy, i got nothin spectacular to show, its nothin out of the ordinary mate other than good cooling

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I see! And it's ok. I mess stuff up all the time buddy.

Really sig is just for rig specs. I abuse the privilege. :/

Welcome to the Forums Skycraft. Are the images you posted while the cpu is under load or at idle? What cpu cooler are you using?

Idle. Is it bad ?
Also I use Xilence AM2 B AMD AM2 Cooler , 92mm Cooling Fan , Hydro Bearing , Super Silent.

- - - Updated - - -

cputin shows a temp of 81c. This needs to be corrected before any overclocking occurs here. This temp is double what it should be even on air cooling for stock clocks.

I believe it's bugged or something.
Here's a photo of what CoreTemp tells me.

CoreTemp-Scr.png

Last edited:
OK if it's idle than that 81c reading was just a temporary bug and I wouldn't concern myself with it. You still haven't mentioned what cooler you have so I'm going to make the assumption that you are still using the stock AMD cooler. I wouldn't go so far as to call the Sempron's garbarge, but they are certainly not powerhouse's. The beauty of these is they are not power hungry either with a TDP of only 45W you can do quite a bit with them even on a stock cooler. Here's what I would do to get a baseline and determine if you are cooling enough for an overclock.

1. Make sure to set your Bios back to stock setting. Voltages, Multiplier, FSB everything stock.

2. Download the free version of Prime 95.

3. Open HWMonitor and Prime95. Reset the readings in HWMonitor and run P95 blend test for 20 minutes watching your temps. If the CPU temp reaches 60c stop the test. If not take a screen shot of HWMonitor and post it here.

This will give us a good baseline to help determine if and how much you may be able to OC.

Here is another thread of a Sempron LE-1200 overclock. It's a good reference for you and might give you some more insight to what to expect and what to do.

I did mention it , it's Xilence (also it's model is Frozen Fighter) AM2 B cooler ; and no , it's not the stock one. I had to replace my old one since it was overheating my CPU till 80C.. I think that HWMonitor shows the maximum temperature it got over to when it was broken. I did change the OS tho , IDK why it should know that. Here's a link for the cooler I have.

I will run the tests now.

IMO a simple cooler master evo 212 will absolutely smash that cooler you have, and they arent expensive, dollar for dollar one of the best air coolers you can buy and have been for years now with consistent good temps for most applications on air, i have one here and i have a coolermaster V8 that im using now as it gave me 2 c better on my system, i think both are rated at 180 watt tdp from memory, its been a while now

IMO a simple cooler master evo 212 will absolutely smash that cooler you have, and they arent expensive, dollar for dollar one of the best air coolers you can buy and have been for years now with consistent good temps for most applications on air, i have one here and i have a coolermaster V8 that im using now as it gave me 2 c better on my system, i think both are rated at 180 watt tdp from memory, its been a while now

Cool. I'm just trying to see if I can get something out of this CPU safely , without burning it/damaging it.Im running the tests atm.

well if it was me, and do what youre trying to do , for myself i would want confidence in my cooler/ cooling for a start, and it appears to me you havent got that, too overclock something confidently you need to know you have headroom with what you have too cool it, and im sure theres plenty of others here that will agree with me on that

Opps, seems I missed that. Sorry. OK that looks marginally better than stock so it'll be good to see how it performs. If your temps are bad at stock then You'll want to take Ozzy's suggestion of upgrading the Cooler if you have the room in your case. Though I would recommend the 212X or 212X dual fan over the standard 212. Better performance with less noise. The 212X is only $40 at newegg and without a doubt the best bang per buck.

@Blaylock Before making my thread I googled this CPU and overclocking. I found that thread and found this cool forum.

So did the test.
I have to say that , it slowly went up to 45*C slowly in 7 minutes. After that it was slowly hovering between 45 and 46. It didn't get past at all 46. Here are the results.

Overclock test.png

The games I play are Dota 2 and CS:GO. I don't play any other games.. in case you needed to know what I want to do with this overclock. I Changed the cooler like 8 months ago.

Last edited:
too true blay

one of the reasons the 212 whether it be the standard or the 212x are such good coolers is they have the direct touch heatpipies , there is many coolers out there but direct touch air coolers will out perform those that arent, 95% of the time

OK, here's what I'm deciphering from that Screen shot.

1. The 91c Max is a little alarming. If you reset the readings before running the test then that means you are hitting 91c under load. That's bad. If you forgot that step then it could be a bogus idle temp. AMD is notorious for inaccurate idle temps. Under load it should be pretty darn close though.

2. If in fact it never went above 46c then you're looking at about 15c head room. This is enough to possibly get a few 100mhz over stock. How much will be determined by the silicon lottery and how well that cooler works once you start putting the nails to it. TBD

3. Your CPU VCore Min/Max has a difference of 0.008v. That's good. Your board isn't stressing at stock to provide the volts your CPU is asking for. This can change quickly and if we start seeing these number spread then we may want to stop to save your board. From what I can tell this looks to be a budget board so lets not push to hard.

4. Finally, your 12v line is reading 11.877v. That's within tolerance but something to watch. It'll likely need to be replaced in the next year or so. Not something to worry about today, though it is worth mentioning a quality PSU will provide cleaner power which helps stability. But again, not today's concern.

- - - Updated - - -

too true blay

one of the reasons the 212 whether it be the standard or the 212x are such good coolers is they have the direct touch heatpipies , there is many coolers out there but direct touch air coolers will out perform those that arent, 95% of the time

+1

Back