• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD slips us another new 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

That looks like a wrongly posted 3200+, the 3200+ also runs at 1600MHz and has 1MB of L2 cache, so there's no reason to get it. If you want to go Athlon64 the best deal is the 3000+ right now as its only $218 on newegg I believe and its performance levels are within a few % to non existant with the 3200+

OP
S

Saints 26

So the xtra cache is like the difference between the tbreb b and the barton. I'm definatly going a64 my first chioce was the 3000 but then I thought this time I'm going to get what I really want,but if 200 is what it cost for xtra cache I'll have to rethink it.

bulk88

It is similar. We don't know yet if the lack of cache gives a better overclock, like they do between TbredB and BRTN.

Fleck

The Coolest, where did they say the processor was running at 1.6GHz? The only thing I saw was "1600 MHz system bus" which all these processors have regardless of their speed.

The Coolest

You're right, its my bad. Anyway unless they say what the actual core speed of the CPU I wouldn't buy it