• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Tech Tour 2006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
beavismorpheus said:
How do i get a tax ID? dang, doubt im going now :(
Do you really want a tax ID?

In United States of America Tax ID is equivalent to the Social Security Number.

silent bob said:
Arlington heights huh , I may take a trip out there , just hope I got some $$$ before I go

Arlington Heights is like 6 miles from me ^_^
here's a warning to all that attend..

ALL DEALS (DESKTOP/SERVER) REQUIRE A TAX ID # IN ORDER TO PURCHASE!

ive been told end-users are not allowed to purchase at this one and only resellers with tax id's will be able to.
Dang :/

I have SS, will that count?

Same ss/taxID/purchasing questions as above, and also what's the video card in the desktop system?

let us know when you find out if its just for business owners. also, whats it cost to start my own business? i could setup an online business for free lolz

There is no video card in the desktop bundle, and they're not exactly a "Sysytem". It's only got what is explicitly listed. Desktop bundle is the CPU, mobo, and soundcard only.

Additionally: During the registration for the event you need to specify:

1. Your Company Name
2. Which authorized distributor you purchase AMD products from (A dropdown list of choices that DOES NOT include Newegg.)

Choices:
ASI
Avnet
Bell Microproducts
D&H
Ingram Micro
Supercom
Synnex
Tech Data

And you must specify that your work for a company that ... involves selling..recommending computer products....

Looks like I'll miss this year too .... was hoping for a 165 Opty atleast for the desktop bundle ....

Ive already got the server bundle covered :eh?: .

i will probably still go just to check it out. can someone thats gone to one tell me if its fun? they jacked up the prices and wont even sell to end users, f that lolz

Setting yourself up with a Tax ID # isn't all that consuming. Its just that its not worth it for these bundles/prices. At least IMHO. :shrug:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor $330
Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS $150
MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset $90
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card - SB 0460 $110

newegg price $680
tech tour price $410

you save $270

that is still a substatial bit of coin youre saving.

I realize barely anyone here needs a copy of windows xp, however you could cut it lose on ebay for around a hundred bucks i bet.

Youd likely end up getting a mobo, proc and quality sound card for $300 bucks when all is said and done. but then you have to factor in gas, some people will be better off than others.

IMO it is worth it if youre reasonably close. But i have NO IDEA how hard it is to get a tax id or whatever prerequisites you need. :confused: Someone shed some light on that, pls :D

tax ID's are free , just call the Tax ID people . I got one . It was way easy , and free .
The only thing is they are only good for 3 years , if you dont make a profit , then its considered a hobby . I got 1 year left on mine before it becomes a hobby . now to remember where I put that number

eaglescouter said:
Additionally: During the registration for the event you need to specify:

1. Your Company Name
2. Which authorized distributor you purchase AMD products from (A dropdown list of choices that DOES NOT include Newegg.)

Choices:
ASI
Avnet
Bell Microproducts
D&H
Ingram Micro
Supercom
Synnex
Tech Data

And you must specify that your work for a company that ... involves selling..recommending computer products....

Direct from distributor hookups? How big time do you think i am? :eek: omg newbified pwnd lolz and so forth

Back