• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Turion64 ML-30 (1.6Ghz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scann69

Just wondering if anybody here has had experience with this processor in a notebook? I'm thinking of getting one compaq notebook with the above said processor but not too sure if the performance is good. I do intend to install Windows XP 64-bit too. Any comments please let me know ASAP.

Oh, by the way Merry Christmas :santa2:

5|*42

My friend has one with a gig of ram. He's never compained about the perfomance, and when I've used it it seems fine. And it runs this Mathematic program he got from OSU that does all these crazy Calculus things pretty fast. It's drains the battery even faster tho :p

OP
Scann69

Scann69

Well guys, thanx for the reply. I just got myself one with the DVD Writer :santa: Just wondering if this Turion can be overclocked using some 3rd party software. I've checked the BIOS....nothing there and it's not surprising either. Anybody knows how to OC the AMD Turion ML-30? I'm new to notebook overclocking.

jonb2000

Scann69 said:
Well guys, thanx for the reply. I just got myself one with the DVD Writer :santa: Just wondering if this Turion can be overclocked using some 3rd party software. I've checked the BIOS....nothing there and it's not surprising either. Anybody knows how to OC the AMD Turion ML-30? I'm new to notebook overclocking.
ive got a version of this processor on my laptop as well and i was wondering the exact same thing , so free bump

wrangler88

i got a compaq laptop with that, with 512mb of ram, 80gb hard drive, the only complaint is the battery life on the lappy sucks, maybe an hour i can get with all the power saving functions on, my firends toshiba intel 740 with centrio gets like 3.5 hours...

smekta3

! hour battery life while doing power savings is way too low, unless your doing some very power draining work. So you should defently look into that, check out some 3rd aprty apps as well.

OP
Scann69

Scann69

smekta3 said:
! hour battery life while doing power savings is way too low, unless your doing some very power draining work. So you should defently look into that, check out some 3rd aprty apps as well.

Mine gives me about 2 hours plus with normal usage like surfing the net and some document work. Seems ok to me but may i suggest you drain the battery then fully charge it a couple of times. Heard that it helps with the battery life.

Anybody found a way to OC the Turion64??

Cheator

Mine gives me roughly 2.5 - 3 hours with rather heavy usage on power savings. I don't think anyone has made a proggy to OC these puppies. I hope it happens soon though. Wish I could help with a project like that.

Scott9027

I thought the draining the battery trick only worked with an older kind of battery, NiCa or something like that. If that can still help with the new ones can somebody let me know?

Cheator

Scott9027 said:
I thought the draining the battery trick only worked with an older kind of battery, NiCa or something like that. If that can still help with the new ones can somebody let me know?

no it doesn't generally help Lithium Ion. Infact its counter productive. Li ions only have a certain amount of charges before they die (Usually 1000 for lappy batteries). It only helps on Nickel-metal hydride as it generally clears the memory effect.

The only thing it would do is reset the % on your battery meter. Here is an example:

You have a laptop, and always drain it 50% before charging it again. Eventually, windows and other apps that check the battery level will misread it, thinking that you have less %age than you actually do. To reset this so it reads more properly, dischage the battery as much as possible, and then charge it complelty full. This is generally on 'dumb' lithium ion batteries, and isn't very common on new batteries.

OP
Scann69

Scann69

Sorry for the wrong information. I read it somewhere and i'm actually testing that theory now :) I'm using MobileMeter and it shows information on my battery and it says that

Designed Capacity - 88800 mWh
Fully Charged Capacity - 65357 mWh
Wear Level - 26%

The thing is my laptop is only a month old and the wear is already 26%. Weird :shrug:

Somebody tested and said that after draining the battery and fully charging it about 3 times helps increase the fully charged capacity. Will let your know if it works :cool:

Has anybody here tested the RightMark software? I don't seem to understand how it works. Just not the same as how i clock my desktop :shrug:

OP
Scann69

Scann69

Heck, it does not work. Just tried draining the batt then charging it full...still the same :(