• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD vs Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lucky13

I was wondering what you guys think.In the past year or so I have started to build my own systems and have always gone with AMD because they are cheaper and from what I heard faster.I started with a athlon 800. It seems like every few months I get board and get a new mobo and cpu.I now have a Athlon xp 2000 MSI K7T266 Pro2 w/raid geforce 3 512 ddr pc-2100 and 2 60 gig IBM 7200.I am still not happy,it just seems when I get on my friends p3's and p4's they just run smother in windows or what ever application it is.Is it just me? am I chasing a ghost?

where can I get silver conductive laquer or is there another way to close L1 on Athlon XP
I overclocked my other athlons a little 1.2 @1488 the 900@ I cant remember 11XX I think. O well just looking for some IDEA'S..Thank's

search for amd vs intel, there are already hundreds of these threads, a few going on hot right now......
just click search in the upper right hand corner of the screen
-Malakai

search for amd vs intel, there are already hundreds of these threads, a few going on hot right now......
just click search in the upper right hand corner of the screen
AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
-Malakai

Just to let you know, I noticed that you posted the same thing in the Intel forum. Double posting like that is not something looked too fondly upon in these forums. I can understand why you would want to do it, but just for your information, it's not really acceptable here. I'm sure you'll get used to the forums with a little more time. Welcome to the Forums!

also, if people see someone double post, they will most likely not respond to either. I suggest u just delete these and start fresh off, im sure some of the other 1000000000000 AMD vs Intel posts can answer your questions. if not, be sure to post any questions u have in the proper forum
-Malakai

well I tried to delete the post but it wont let me.All I was doing on a double post was trying to get bothside's of the story,I did not know this was not acceptable..sorry everyone

no biggie, things like that are usually held in the debates forum, wich is specifically for things like that. Hope u enjoy your stay with us here:)
-Malakai

Ya, once you start a thread, you can't delete it(only mods can). They(the mods and admins) felt it would be unfair for the others who posted in the thread for you(or whoever started the thread) to delete it. The reason you did it is a perfectly understandable reason. It just would have fit better in maybe debates or general hardware. That way you could have had both sides arguments and not double posted. Don't worry about it, we all made mistakes when we were new to the forums. Heck, we still make mistakes like this every now and then. You'll get used to it. Welcome, it really is a great place!

Back