• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP 1700+ w/ watercooler no post but w/ hsf it does!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yamate

i'm using shuttle AK31v3.1 board right now the problem is when i run the cpu with volcano 6cu+ it can run smoothly w/out any problems then i change to watercooling with waterblock attach correctly it can post/load into windows first time(temp around 43c) but after i shut down and repost again again many time it couldn't even post anymore. I had try resit the processor and the waterblock and make sure the waterblock contact nicely but still not post, once again i change back to volcano hsf it post again... sound very weird isn't it ?! Does anyone had this problem before and appreciate if anyone expert here can help : )

What kind of thermal compound are you using? How fast a pump? what kind of radiator? 43C seems very high for any kind of water cooled rig. There's really no excuse for that besides error in the water cooling setup.

First of all, Welcome to the forums.

I think that you may get better results if this was posted in the Shuttle section.

I don't know if this would apply to your board but, on some motherboards you must have a fan connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard. If this is the case, I can't explain why it posted the first time but you may want to check into this. Try plugging the northbridge fan into this connector, this would fool the BIOS into thinking that you have a HSF on the CPU.

Good Luck!

thanks for you all sincere reply and i don't think it was my water cooling kit problem because as i said i can post on first time while i changed from hsf to watercooler and i let it run for half an hour but once i shut down it wouldn't post anymore.

before that i had tried to plug the heatsink fan to the m/b connector together with waterblock attach to processor and the northbriedge originally came w/ chipset fan too but no matter how many time i try i get the same result too. i had tried restore bios default... unplug hdd, fdd, cdrom and though maybe my psu not enough power supply but no post too sad...

even i tried with original xp hsf (cooler master) it can post without problem and the temp quite high 52c.

appreciate your help very much and your reply can stop me from giving up ... : )

------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP 1700+ (AGOGA-K) [email protected]
Kingmax 256MB PC2400 DDR
Shuttle AK31v3.1 viaKT266A
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus60 10GB 7200RPM
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus60 60GB 7200RPM
LG 12x8x32 CDRW
NEC 12x DVD
MSI MS-StarForce 816 MX400 32mb w/TvOut
Creative SB Live Value
Altec Lansing ADA890 THX Certified 120w total
3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI NIc(3C905-TX)
Volcano 6cu+ 41c(idle) 51c(load) 7400+-RPM

Last edited:
Back