• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP1700 (Which one!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitewulf

Howdy,

I'm about to purchase an AMD XP 1700 CPU, as I have heard much success with overclocking them. My brother told me something about a certain batch of them being better than another batch. So.. what batch am I looking for preferably? And what site do you recommend buying from?

Thanks

p.s. for those of you who may have seen me on this forum, I am actually his brother ... so if my questions seem repetative.. that's why. I'd ask him (the real nitewulf) but he's gone for the week

chuckerants

Your probably thinking of the Thourobred Bs. The ones that are based on the .13 micron die instead of .18 as the Paliminos are.

Do a search for XP1700 and you'll see how otehr people are OCing the chips.

OP
N

nitewulf

Right, I knew about the Thoroughbreds, but I wasn't sure if the batch mattered. He (my brother) showed me something about the model number meaning made "x week", "batch number y", etc. on the serial number or something .. was just wondering if one batch in particular was better than another of the Thoroughbreds

*edit*

Also, what is the DLT? I've heard mention of it, and apparently its better than some other version of the 1700..

altec

polka dot ninja
If he said the "x" week he is probably refering to the DLT3C JIUHB0310XPMW. The DLT3C simply means that the chip runs at a stock voltage of 1.5v rather than 1.6 or higher. This batch of the DLT3C is performing very well, and overclocking pretty well, in fact, I would say that the JIUHB0310XPMW and the JIUHB0307's are doing the best at the moment. If you are going to purchase one, make sure to keep your eye open for the DLT3C and the JIUHB: these are the main determinig factors on what chip you are getting.

modenaf1

i totaly agree with altec.

the "x" runs faster
the "w" goes faster at near stock voltage.

if your looking at a good mild o/c, the "w" is better
if your looking for an extreme, absolutly the best, go for "x"

;)

greywood

Registered
Yo Nitewulf; FYI, just last week I finished a major box upgrade, including a 1700+ JIUHB0310XPMW chip. So far, I've had it up to 2240 Mhz (140 FSB * 16) on stock voltages (with water-cooling). I'm pretty sure the Asus A7V8X mobo I'm using is holding me back from anything more 'cause it flakes out at anything over 140 FSB. Still, a 52.5 % O/C ain't too dang shabby IMHO.

Anaxagoras1986

Have you tried lowering your mult to gte more fsb? It could also be your RAM because many a7n8x people are exceeding will into the 200Mhz FSBs.

kamz

get either an 1800 or 1700 jiubh dlt3c, i have an 1800xp, running at 200*11.5 and its super stable, thats over 800mhz more over stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!