• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd64 reading wrong speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corndog

in my laptop i have a amd64 3200+, and when i install games when it always tells me my cpu is running at 801mhz. is there some kind of fix for this

meionm

Go to power option and change to home/office or always on that might help.

OP
C

corndog

i have already set my power settings to home/home office, even changed all my settings to never and it still dont work

Avg

Do you have the AMD driver installed? Does it ever run at it's rated speed?

OP
C

corndog

yes the driver is installed, and no i have never seen it run at the rated speed, only less.

The Coolest

First of all there is no need to do it, when your processor gets heavily loaded, the frequency changes to the max automatically, and when it's at low to no load, it changes to 800MHz and drops vcore, to both save on battery and component life of your lappy.
I would recommend you leave it as it is.
If you want it to run at full speed always set power mode to "Always On". if it still doesn't do it, get GCPUID (my sig), hit F9 and set the highest vcore, then highest multi.