• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD's Future Plans - The Interview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35626

In a 5 part series here's part 1 of a interview with Paul & Bob (no 2nd names I can see) about the future of AMD.

Here's the last question of todays part 1 which I think asnwers a lot

INQ "And the final questions: AMD Eco-system. This is something whole industry wants to hear, and if possible, I would like to end the rumour-mongering from forums, at this very spot. Basically, AMD and Nvidia go a long way back, there was an agreement between the two companies named SNAP, the Strategic Nvidia-AMD Partnership, you guys worked on the first Xbox design, then got pushed out by Intel at 11th hour. But then, Nvidia produced Enforce platform and put a commanding foot in the world of chipsets. Also, the upcoming 4x4 system uses Nvidia Nforce 680a chipset… so, how do you actually see the eco-system of AMD? The rumours that AMD is shutting Nvidia out, that there will no longer be high-end products from ATI."

Phil "We are a very open platform and I will give you two examples of that. The PCI Express bus is an industry standard and we are going to keep it that way and if people want Nvidia graphics accelerator, it will work as well on our platform as it will work on an Intel platform. Likewise, we welcome ATI graphics cards that plug into the Intel systems, and we will continue to optimise the performance of ATI products on other platforms, just as well as they run on ours. So, it's not that we are a competition. We want that people play at common standards level and so again, we love to see Nvidia graphics accelerator running on our machine, and we love to see ATI graphics running on an Intel machine. Thing is, we say we want to do it on industry standard interface."

And that's what we are all about. Listening to industry and implementing new standards."

We wish to thank PR crew at ATI and AMD Italy for giving me the opportunity to have a conversation in excess of one hour with two leading technologists of DAAMIT.

Also the pic below is what we might see for CPU/GPU future technology intresting to say the least.

Last edited:
Back