• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amercan McGee's Alice problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

Well, I bought American McGee's Alice yesterday (was cheap, 16 bux ! :D). I tried running it on my P3 (windows XP), and after I click on new game, blah blah, it shows the intro movie, Alice that arrives in Wonderland, then it throws me back to the main menu, like the game didn,t start. If I click on new game again, same thing happens. Anybody knows what's happening ? Also compatibility didn,t do crap, it's the same thing with or without it

OK, nevermind, I found my problem :rolleyes:. I isntalled the game over the network (so that the files and all are installed on this comp, and I play on the other one, which doesn't have enough free HD space. then I forgot to add "write" right in the folder's security properties :rolleyes: :D

LOL!! Glad you figured it out, though! :)

It's a really fun game, actually. Just goes to show you what the Quake 3 engine is still capable of :)

ya ! It is fun, but I have one big (maybe not, but it ****es me off anyways) problem : the stats/sanity/magic/whatever is IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN :( it's straight in the middle, so I have no good line of sight ...

anybody knows how to fix htat ?

Last edited:
Oh man I havent played that game in forever! That really is a fun game. I use to play it constantly...then I formatted and lost my save game and never touched it since : / I dont get what you mean about it being righ tin the middle

the status bars and health/magic indicators aren't positionned in the left and right or the screen, they're in the middle. It hides the view and ****es you off. Like they're all empiled on top of each other in the middle of the screen, not on the sides

I think your game may be messed up! You're supposed to have your health all the way on the left, and your magic all the way on the right of the screen. The middle should be all clear, except for Alice.

Monster of Rock said:
I think your game may be messed up! You're supposed to have your health all the way on the left, and your magic all the way on the right of the screen. The middle should be all clear, except for Alice.

I know, what I don't know is how to fix that ... and I'm not the only one with this kind of problem, just check out EA's support forums for Alice

Back