• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amiga Ressurection! (?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

A little nastalgia, perhaps...

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,675450,00.asp

I used to be a fan of the Amiga (long ago, in a galaxy far away...), but until recently, haven't heard much about this platform. It seems assets were purchased by a company in the U.K. and they have the new hardware ready to ship. It will come with a flavor of Linux. The Amiga OS 4.0 will ship sometime next year. More links are embedded in the article that will take you to more specific information.

I wonder if they can be overclocked. :p

OP
M

mbigna

flyingember said:
didn't gateway own them for a while?

I think so. At least they bought part(s) of the company. I don't know if they resold it, or just bought certain technology that this other company is not using.

palee72

I still have my amiga 500 in my attic.. Screaming 1 Mb ram (with internal clock:) )No hard drive :( 2 floppys, one internal and one external(I could never write to the external :( oh well, I managed) and a commador monitor....I think I still have my Star dot matrix printer as well...and the whole thing still works (well, it did about 3 years ago...)

Plus a whole sh*t load of games for it..

mmmm.. workbench 3.1... memories

Daemonfly

I don't think it will be the same.... :(

Seems more like a 'We bought the Amiga name & will be shipping mac clones under "Amiga"'