• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An Arkaine Chirtsmas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the offer is indeed still good. I've just had ordinary holiday delays. My remastering box is down for the holidays to allow my holiday guests a peaceful night's sleep. And as you might expect, most of my time is being spent in company rather than in front of a computer screen. I expect to actually crank out the custom CD's on the weeknd of the 27th, so they will be more of a gift to usher in the New Year, rather than Xmas presents.

Arkaine23 said:
the offer is indeed still good. I've just had ordinary holiday delays. My remastering box is down for the holidays to allow my holiday guests a peaceful night's sleep. And as you might expect, most of my time is being spent in company rather than in front of a computer screen. I expect to actually crank out the custom CD's on the weeknd of the 27th, so they will be more of a gift to usher in the New Year, rather than Xmas presents.
great to hear the offer is still good :D
i would love to get a custom CD.
i can wait, so no rush.
thanks.

Bubbagump has offered to do some remastering so he may PM a few of you.

There are several improvements I've been meaning to implement, so there are several questions I would present to you all.

1) I plan on updating gaim (a chat program sort of like trillian). Currently it can't connect to yahoo or msn chat protocols because it is out-dated. Would you like this functionality corrected?

2) Would you prefer something other than the default KDE desktop? Fluxbox maybe, or Icewm?

3) Do you have a preferred default resolution?

4) What is your folding username?

5) Current HDD-install scripts don't install the folding service automatically. Do you think you might ever install Overclockix to a hard drive?

I'm pretty confident Bubba can do most of this. I'm also pretty certain there will be a general update to Overclockix after these custom ISO's are done.

just got my custom CD :)

thanks Bubba Gump and Arkaine

im going to start to build my fold rig in a few hours :clap:

happy new year T32 :D

fold on :)

Bubba's been a big help on this project. :)

And because he has been working on these custom disks, I've had a chance to update the Technomancer iso. It's not quite finished yet, but so far I've:

attempted to fix Prime95 so it runs from the live CD

attempted to fix some of the broken kicker icons

updated gaim so yahoo and msn work again, also made its default browser for opening links firebird instead of netscape

added dual CPU SMP support to the folding scripts

updated firebird and xxms

added bittorrent (p2p) and gFTP (ftp) and bonnie++ (benchmark)

edited the knx-hdinstall script to install folding and vnc as a service

reduced the minimum hdd size requirement for install from 2.2GB to 1.93GB

added vnc as a service

set default cheatcodes to screen=1024x768 home=scan myconf=scan, set time-out to 20 seconds

added the knoppix-installer script as an alternate install method

added scripts for installing f@h service, and running a second f@h client

updated F@H to version 4.0 and changed -flags for forced sse

added a few new backgrounds

It's not done yet, but its getting very close.

i would *love* to get a cd from you arkaine, i have three 1800+'s with everything, except hard drives :( but from what i understand, you dont need hard drives to fold with this overclockix?

You understand perfectly. :)

A new Tecdhnomancer iso should be available for download late tonight if I don't break it.

You can request a custom CD from either me or Bubbagump via PM. We'll have questions about your preferences, folding username, and shipping info.

Arkaine23 said:
You understand perfectly. :)

A new Tecdhnomancer iso should be available for download late tonight if I don't break it.

You can request a custom CD from either me or Bubbagump via PM. We'll have questions about your preferences, folding username, and shipping info.

what is this "tecdhnomancer" you speak of?

The two Overclockix iso's have nicknames instead of version numbers.

Last edited:
Back