• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An Idea to get a little more attention in the forums about Folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
I was just looking around and noticed a few people use emoticons in there Sig and was thinking it would be nice if [email protected] had a small colorful emoticon that was also a link so we could put it in our Sig's. I have [email protected] in my Sig but I think it would get more attention if it was a nice clean animated Giff / emoticon. Has anyone done this before could we have the forums add one special one (or 2…SETI ) to the emoticon list? Just a thought that had popped into my head. What do you guys think?

**Update 7/3/04**
I asked SSS (thank you SSS) to start a poll "Should we have custom stars for each of the three teams that keep the color for rank", in forum feedback just use the link to cast your vote http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=309647

JigPu said:
lol, I'll post up versions of those in the rest of the colors :) I had to use Photosuite to change the colors for that dish since it's DANG hard to decide what needs to be done colorwise.

Complete color set (including white ;))
newstars2.png

JigPu

Attachments

• side by side.PNG
    side by side.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

zip22

this is an excellent idea!

i think a gear rotating, or a piece of paper folding that said FOLD! or a double helix rotating would be cool.

OP
Stedeman

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
zip22 said:
this is an excellent idea!

i think a gear rotating, or a piece of paper folding that said FOLD! or a double helix rotating would be cool.

In the back of my head I kept thinking of the double helix turning so it grabs your attention.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Good call. If you want this idea to work, contact a moderator and direct him to this thread. Good luck, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Matt

stan03

well then maybe it could be an exception... and plus if it became a thing like smilies, it wouldn't be linking outside the forum... theres a sad face in my sig right now because nothing works argh :bang head

SavageBasher

Only the message board's smileys are allowed. Maybe someone can contact Vijay about this? And the same that can be said about the Seti team. Just so they don't feel "left out". :D

Miralcos

Who made the little shirt ninja emoticon? :sn:
I wouldn't think it would be too hard to make one holding a sign that says "Fold" since there is one already holding a beer :beer:
But who am I to say such things, I can't hardly draw a box in paint..... :)

veryhumid

nice quick sketch! I bet we could get special permission, I mean it is for a supported, official forum section, and it's such a good cause. Keep us posted, I'd love to add it to my signature :thup:

TommyHolly

If you really want to get people's attention, you will need some really hot naked chick with the words "Fold for me!" written on her chest. You will definately get ALOT more people then eh?