• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An35n-u & O/c - Huh?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bailey

I have the board w/ a locked 2500+. I can get it to run @ 2.2ghz (200fsb) on the default voltage (actually 1.70 in BIOS but it under volts a bit).

Here's the problem - whenever I try to go above 200 (even 202) the BIOS defaults it back to 1100+ (100mhz fsb). HUH?

Does this mean that if the shuttle can't recognize the CPU (the highest is a 3200+) that it defaults to 1100+?

I can't believe the chip runs @ 2.2 but won't even POST @ 2.222. Im running the "G" BIOS & I've tried volts up to 1.85.

Balrog

You've about summed it up,welcome to the world of locked multis. Thats the best I've heard of anyone getting with a locked 2500+, 200FSB is the max. You should be getting some good performance at that level, nothing shabby about 2200mhz, you've got a 3200+ for 1/3 of the price. If you really want to go further you'll need to buy an un-locked chip. There are still slower T-Bred Bs around and I've heard if you look people selling unlocked Barton 2500+s, don't know what they're asking for them though.

Regards, Balrog

Quailane

Its all your ram. I have 3 shuttle mobo's at my two houses. All have nforce2. One is mn31n and other two are an35n-ultra. I must say, the an35n's don't seem to do too well overclocking. All three bioses seem kind of flaky and default if everything is not "just right." I haven't updated to most recent bios though because I don't have floppy. In one mobo, with 2x512mb of buffalo pc3200 with winbond ch-5 chips, even with 2.7 volts on the ram, it can't go over 200 without being unstable. It's definately the motherboard with the problem and not the ram as most people with that ram get it to 210 and beyond.

OP
B

Bailey

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I had a suspicion that the boar woulnd wouldn't work if it couldn't recognize the chip. I'm pretty sure it's not the RAM as I've run it @ 220 async.
shabby about 2200mhz, you've got a 3200+ for 1/3 of the price
Lol - I'm certainly not complaining, I was just a bit curious. I could never complain about getting a 3200+ for under $200 w/ a board & RAM - lol.