• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annapurna titles: anything as good as Stray?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Annapurna is the French developer of Stray (the popular and only(?) cat simulation game that has a dedicated meow button and only < 3% negative reviews). What are their other titles like? Any worth getting?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Funny... being a data center guy, when I see Annapurna, I think NIC cards... :facepalm:

Honestly, a friend said he enjoyed that Stray game. I haven't played it or any others.

Niku-Sama

this might help, Annapurna (American) is the publisher for Stray, BlueTwelve (B12, French) is the dev:
the only thing i've played thats been published by annapurna was donut country and it was ok

I think Stray is the first and only game by B12 at the moment

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
this might help, Annapurna (American) is the publisher for Stray, BlueTwelve (B12, French) is the dev:
the only thing i've played thats been published by annapurna was donut country and it was ok

I think Stray is the first and only game by B12 at the moment

That list has a ton of great games. Flower and Journey were great, was unique on the PS3.

What remains of Edith Finch people enjoyed.

Gone Home is something special with being mostly a walking simulator/story telling game.

I enjoyed Donut County but it was weird.

Neon White is a cool mix of fps and speed run

Kentucky Route Zero is supposed to have a good soundtrack and story

Outer wilds gets reviewed as one of the best games of that year if not the generation.

Last edited:

Celeron_Phreak

I played through it a couple of months back, did the achievements for it in Steam, learned a lot of the lore and background of the story. I found it very enjoyable, and money well spent. Not a stressful game by any means, and very entertaining.

Zerileous

Just chuckling because the speedrun had the kid in literal tears when he thought he had missed it by 3 minutes, then he got the achievement anyway. I'm guessing he was going on real time while the game was not timing loading and maybe not timing cut scenes. Anyway, for those 2 hours of his life it was a very stressful game. Just a good lesson on the importance of perspective and moderation in gaming imho.

For me I find DOOM to be quite stressful. Sometimes I die once and say "that's enough," although I probably also have a habit of setting the difficulty too high and dying a lot in most FPS games. I don't know tbh if completing a game on a harder setting with a million deaths is really worth more than playing through on lower difficult.