• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying store owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

Today I was at a store where I live buying computer parts to build my math tutor a new computer. We had decided on a no frills ecs k7s5a, and a athlon 1700.

When I went to purchase the stuff, he tried to convince me that a 1.6 ghz celeron will tear apart a 1700+ and stuff. About how amd is done for and gone out the window and when amd releaes the hammer in the future intel will have something new making amd look like crap. About 3 months ago last time I was in there all he did was non stop promote amd and how intel sucked.

Would a celeron 1.6 beat an xp 1700+? I didnt belive it but I wanted to ask you guys, I dont really pay attention to intel.

He told me numerous times to look on tomshardware.com, I proceeded to tell him how much bs was on toms hardware but he claims the benchmarks are all real and true.

Also the last time I was there, asus sucked, abit sucked, ecs was making great budget boards, and msi was the best according to him. Now he dosnt sell any msi. And athlon ecs boards suck accept for the intel based ones. I dont trust this guy, everytime i go he argues with me about stuff and always disagrees, and is always promoting a new company.

Bull

It seems like he is trying to sell what he has in stock. Obviously he has no idea that he is completely uninformed. A Celeron 1.6 will easily get beat by an AMD 1700+. I just wouldn't go there anymore. He does not have his own mind. He seems to change it often.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Dose the cel 1.6 still have a 100 MHz fsb? If so no way in hell
PS it sounds like the guy and his store are total sell outs or they will make more $$ if you buy the stuff they say to buy (same thing I guess)

OP
subconcept

subconcept

Sounds like my suspision is correct. Well I like his prices and if i know what I want and he has it Ill go,,,He gets me angry everytime I go in there he annoys me with his antics.

He needs to learn a thing or too about customer service.

He literaly stood up and said, fine do it your way Im telling you, your missing out on alot of performance. :mad:

Anyone want to help me hunt down some benches between these two processors so I can send him an email :p

Bull

If you have Sisoft Sandra then you can compare from their database. I really wouldn't waste my time with the guy. If you show him he will say that it's a biased benchmark. Even if you show him more. He'll just ignore you and go on his merry ignorant way. JMO

Mr. $T$

Let the Cel have 512 DDR and give the 1700+ 256 SDRAM and it will still beat It.

1.6 Cel is a Wille Core (Crap) with Half the Cache. So it is like a Pinto with two Spark Plugs gone.

May We bring up the Fake P4 review on THG :rolleyes:

:D :D LOL :D :D

6502kid

Mr. T is correct. Those P4 celerons are crippled.

The Celley Tualain 1.1a in my sig, scores just about what an
XP1700 does in the CPU bench, and blows away any P4 celeron.

I think they cost 58 bucks right now. He is just trying to sell
you whatever it is he got too much of....

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
subconcept said:
When I went to purchase the stuff, he tried to convince me that a 1.6 ghz celeron will tear apart a 1700+ and stuff. About how amd is done for and gone out the window and when amd releaes the hammer in the future intel will have something new making amd look like crap. About 3 months ago last time I was in there all he did was non stop promote amd and how intel sucked.

He told me numerous times to look on tomshardware.com, I proceeded to tell him how much bs was on toms hardware but he claims the benchmarks are all real and true.

Also the last time I was there, asus sucked, abit sucked, ecs was making great budget boards, and msi was the best according to him. Now he dosnt sell any msi. And athlon ecs boards suck accept for the intel based ones.

Sounds like a real life THG IMHO. :burn:

OP
subconcept

subconcept

:p Whats the fake p4 review?

On that barton 3000 thing on THG, I couldnt help but notice that the two cpus are indeticle and it looks like they have enlarged the die with photoshop or something. They obviously didnt take two pics.

I told that guy before I could get him another customer for monday buy I think ill go elsewhere.

baqai

tell him to register here and post a new topic "FLAME ME" lol :D than let the guys here do the "job" and in the end you can pat us all and say "job well done guys" :p

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
sounds like hes promoting his "in stock products".
just dont talk to the guy,facts anyhow.sounds very annoying to hear him talk.every product has a good and bad side.only closed minded people see it one sided.

id take a athlon 650 over a cele 1.6, but even in that fight both would have good points and bad points.we dont need to state em . we already know them.

i was in 4 differant comp stores today.i cant believe the people they hirer!but ive gotten my "i dont need no help look,and dont bug me face on" ignorance is annoying as heck.granted ive found a few who were knowledgable.those you almost have to pay me to get out of there store! lol geek talk rulz.

Dark Disciple

He is just trying to clear out some stock (unless he truly is an idiot). Either way, if he has what you are looking for, and the best price, just get what you came for and make a quick exit.

OP
subconcept

subconcept

I got the k7s5a from him, but bought the cpu elsewhere. I didnt ask him for the price of the celeron cause he said it would be about the same.