• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 1700+ DLT3C story :o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiliconX

I know there's a million of them, but figured i'd post mine. Originally bought the 0308RPMW, then a week later got the 0308XPMW because I heard they were better clockers. Found that both would only do 200x11.5(2300) stable, no matter the voltage. Well i've since redesigned my water-cooling for better flow and less restriction and got my CPU temps to drop by a good 12C :eek:

Anyways, tried the XPMW, little wanker would still only do 2.3GHz, no matter the voltage, with a real good burn-in. So I decided, maybe I should try the RPMW again. Can't hurt.

2500woot.jpg

Running Prime95 now for 8 hours and no errors, also passed memtest86 v3.0 no problems. Just as I was typing this, my system temp hit 27C and my CPU temp hit 50C, mostly because it's warming up outside.

RPMW's seem to be the dark horse of the family, looks like I got a good one :D

Only one little problem is she'd do 2400(200x12) at 1.7v, but it took a whole extra 0.1v to do 2500(200x12.5) stable(so far) which created a good extra 2C on my load temps. I'm not to fond of that so i'll probably back her down to 2400 just to err on the side of caution. Don't wanna lose this girl :D

Oh, and the AS application is only 9 hours old :cool:

arnoldma

oh man, im always the unlucky one, my 0308 sucks some major ****! it will onyl do 2300 max stable, not matter what i do i cant get it higher... and even at 2300 it takes me 1.75v!!

i tried 206x11.5 at 1.825v! but still no luck, prime95 craps out after about an hour...

damn crappy chip, any1 got some tips on going higher? i really want 2400ghz+

OP
SiliconX

SiliconX

She passed the 24 hour Prime95 test :D

And in the past 24 hours, my CPU temp at load has dropped from 50 to 42C. My ambient has dropped to about 17C so that's probably a factor

q149

I got an 0308XPMW and it will do 2.4 easily on air. What color our your's? mine is solid purplish red.

glock19owner

arnoldma said:
oh man, im always the unlucky one, my 0308 sucks some major ****! it will onyl do 2300 max stable, not matter what i do i cant get it higher... and even at 2300 it takes me 1.75v!!

i tried 206x11.5 at 1.825v! but still no luck, prime95 craps out after about an hour...

damn crappy chip, any1 got some tips on going higher? i really want 2400ghz+

Change that fan on the slk and I bet you will see better temps with a better OC...changed mine from a 92mm 50cfm to a Tt2 fan and was able to run at 2350 stable...could only run about 2300 before...and I really can not tell that much of a difference in loudness between the 92mm and the Tt2 fan either...

OP
SiliconX

SiliconX

q149 said:
I got an 0308XPMW and it will do 2.4 easily on air. What color our your's? mine is solid purplish red.

Yeap, same color. My RPMW is the same color as well. Dunno, I probably just got a bad chip I guess

glock19owner

SiliconX said:

Yeap, same color. My RPMW is the same color as well. Dunno, I probably just got a bad chip I guess

something else that made a difference...or that is rumored...the brown OCed better then the green...cpu color...not die color...

JPS

Well, I am curiosu to see what the Newegg fairy delivers with my latest XP1700+. Granted it is not for me, for a friend's upgrade, but it will be fun to play with...