• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another billionaire making his way up the ranks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
This week we have the privilege of of yelling HUZZA! to aviationfrk! WOOT!.... I mean... HUZZA! 3 billion is a big number. Congratulations and thank you.

Overall Team Stats:
We are being hunted by three teams. Element AI, Alliance Francophone and Team Anandtech. I feel it's worth noting that two of those teams are high dollar companies. Only AnandTech is a group of enthuiasts like us. Between AnandTech and us, they are fielding about 40 additional folders. Within that group, they have one member earning over 110 million ppd and another earning over 95 million. Those are big numbers no matter who you are. For AnandTech, thier top 34 are all earning 1 million ppd or more. Top 9 are earning 10 million ppd or more. That's our competition.

We are tracking PC Games Hardware, PC MAster Race, Hardware.no and NVIDA Corp. Not bad. Three enthusiast teams and one major manufacturer. That's a big WOOT WOOT! for us.

Team Stats:
We are still trending up in production. This is ALWAYS good news. However, our number of active users has declined a touch. We have 49 active users this week. Our average ppd for all active users is 6.4 million. That's fairly good. It helps that we have some major point earners to bring that up.
Top 24 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 46 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 61 million ppd or more.

Wow.....

Just wow.

Individual stats:
Aviatiofrk just earned 3 billion! WOOT!... dang it. I mean HUZZA!... Nope. I like WOOT! WOOT!
modd has earned 600 million.
thor17usa just earned 7 million.
TrashPanda just earned 4 million.
SpecialDragonfly just earned 3 million.

Thank you to you all at every production level. You don't have to be the top earner to be appreciated.

Personal note:
I was "this close" to making it into 10 million ppd or more. I earned 14 million the other night and 13 million the day prior. When I got home last night, my machine had shut down. I'm going to have to look into that. For now, I removed my 1 click OC and we'll see how that goes. My new production rate could get me up past harlam357 and superducky but only if I can maintain production. That's the trick though isn't it?

We've seen some of WhitehawkEQ's trials with fitting a new 4090 into a case. Oh boy. Those coolers are getting out of hand for GPUs. (The cards themselves are that big. It's the coolers that have gotten very large.)

What trials and tribulations are you going through to keep you production up?

We've seen some of WhitehawkEQ's trials with fitting a new 4090 into a case. Oh boy. Those coolers are getting out of hand for GPUs. (The cards themselves are not that big. It's the coolers that have gotten very large.)
And boy am I still feeling it, 2 pulled tendons, 1 in left leg and 1 in right leg, I can barely walk, right leg hurt so bad could not put weight on it. It's better now but still hurts :thup:

My trials have been eliminating the bottlenecks for the new cards. A lot of my systems were built before GPU folding was a thing. Y'all remember that headless folding app that used a pxe boot from a central point? Well I used that and had built a wall of boards. Anyway, fast fwd to now and those systems still function, by definition anyway but are bottlenecking the snot outta these new cards. I guess I can't complain though. Got a decade of production out of them. Just makes for an expensive year for the IT budget. On the plus side, once done I should have another decade at least out of the base platforms minus the GPUs.

Well, and remembering to turn of those <radio edit> unattended upgrades (auto-updates). Nothing worse than waking up to multiple failed wu's, looking at the log and seeing "unable to build cuda environment" or whatever it actually says. That's my clue of a driver problem learned after many a year doing this thing we do. Long and short, (thankfully) shortly before I got outta bed Ubuntu decided to update itself, which happened to include nvidia drivers...... What a start to today lol.

Back