• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another fool with a new RTX 2080 Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice work, I was a little worried when you said it was difficult to install, but I've only blocked a GPU once, so I figured it might vary from card to card.

Earthdog, yeah, I tried the RTX experience thing just now. Honestly, I didn't notice much difference. But, I didn't play long, maybe I need to check it out a bit more before I chuck it.

I'm sure lots of people say putting the EK water block on is easy. I blame the instructions. ;) The last time I had a GPU under water was many moons ago and it was just a water block for the GPU only. I used Arctic Silver epoxy to put heatsinks on the RAM modules. I think this was from about 12 years ago (HD X2900XT).

HD X2900XT-2007.jpg

Last edited:
Brando, I redeemed my voucher for Battlefield V, what a bunch of hoops they make you jump through, it's downloading and will take 3 hours and my pillow is already calling my name. Hopefully, I can play it a bit tomorrow and report back. You want the GPU clock speed? What OC? Modest or as high as I can go?

Not sure what I'm doing, but here is the monitoring graphs during the first single player mission.

View attachment 205484

Nothing scientific. Just get your final best oc dialed in and once you're happy play some games in 4k ultra with an osd in game that shows current gpu clock during load. 10 minutes or so of gaming should have temps settled in. I'm curious what your typical in game clock speed is at in 4k. It will bounce around and settle into a +/- 50mhz groove most likely.

The clocks vary wildly, surprisingly. Is your power limit raised for that screenshot?

A water loop, depending the size and what is in it, should take at least 30 mins to saturate and stabilize.

Yes, power limit was set at max (which shows as 130%). The post with those graphs was made during the intro and I had forgot that you wanted 4k ultra. I saw that a bunch of settings are at ultra, but I have no idea how to do 4k. I did figure out how to use the OSD, but the clock speeds were showing up really low, like 1300 to 1500. Sorry, I'm out of time for now and will be off the grid for a few days. I'll mess with it more when I get back.

Earthdog figured it out. I didn't even think of it. Yeah, my monitor is 1080P (not 4k). Thus, I would not have any 4k settings available. Will be back on Monday.

Back