• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another happy user of the oven trick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Ok, I had seen so many positive results from people sticking their dead video cards in the oven that I decided to try it with an MSI Nvidia FX5200 that had died, and although one plastic part melted just a bit, I tried the card out and viola it works!
I was so sad when the monitor died and took out this card, and had completely forgot the oven trick and was visiting my cousin who had her oven on to supplement her heating and it hit me. And seeing as how I was going over there the next day, I decided to take it over and try it...although I think her oven was a little too hot..I only left it in there for about 1 1/2 minutes with the door open.
To Whom ever came up with this trick, My hat's off to you as you have saved a lot of people a lot of cash by not having to buy a new card.
And to whom ever found and posted it here (in our forums), the above goes for you too.
Many Thanks,
Doc

Last edited:
It still amazes me that sometimes this actually works. Seems like just tossing it in the oven for a few minutes would kill it deader, but hey if you have a chance to fix a dead card, try it.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
Heating isn't really scary.

I've had to unstuck old hard disks by slamming them edgewise on a table. Not a gentle tap, a full-on hand-over-head-stomach-muscles-involved SLAM.

Washing keyboards, whacking monitors, beating hard disks against tables, licking network cables... I regret nothing.