• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Newbie Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowus

Hello All, I have a Thunderbird 1200 (Fic AZ-11E) piece of garbage and this is my first time changing it.I am going to replace with epox8kha+ or is there better board for this cpu and how do I know if this board will fit.I down loaded the manual for AZ-11E and know where does it give its size.Will all socket As just switch right out.Thanks for any advise or ideas much appreciated.I know this must be a dumb question for most of you but FIC support was just a waste of time.Thanks.JS

I have used a couple of FIC boards in the past- they work, but not something I was happy with.

8KHA+s on the other hand:D:D

I just love these boards!

I have used them with XPs mostly, but I did have my TBird 1000 in one for a while- worked great and gave me about 60mhz more than I have gotten with any other mobo.

There have been some people who had a lot of quality problems with these boards, and they may not be the physically most durable boards out there, but I have three now, killed one myself, and If I could find another refurb like the one I got fro $41 from newegg I would be thrilled:)

Good choice in mobos, IMO.

Back