• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Another one...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

Ordered a monitor from ebuyer in UK. It was one of their daily deals. The website said I had until 11pm to place an order and still get it next day. Given the options available of paying extra for next day or wait 5 days for free shipping. With some uninteresting options in between, I went for next day. I got an order acknowledgement clearly showing an expected delivery for today, and confirmation of payment. Nothing more happened until I got a dispatch notification late morning. A bit late for that, unless there was a delay in sending out the note. As the day went on, the courier tracking updated to say they're expecting the item soon. They hadn't even got it yet! Suffice to say it hasn't arrived so that's a note fired off to their customer services. I recall in the depths of my memory I told myself not to use them for anything time sensitive, and that still seems to be holding. I starting to wonder if any company in this country is currently capable of sending the right stuff out when they say they will.

Edit: the e-mail note confirmation says they aim to respond within two business days... not gonna hold my breath then.

Tracking at least is showing as out for delivery, with 29 others before it gets to me. So, maybe roughly 2 or 3 hours... no response from company yet.

Sorry it happenend, but...damn... give it time to play out a bit before ranting like its a real issue. Its a day late... lol!

If you promise to deliver something on a certain day, do it! If you can't, then don't offer it. It isn't complicated. If it takes 2 days, say it takes 2 days, that's fine. Don't say it is one day and take two. Further note that net day is an extra cost service. If it was "free" I'd be more forgiving.

I've had problems with the delivery companies before, but in this case it does appear to be a simple case of the seller not doing their part of getting it out. Delivery is hopefully about to hit any moment, they're 3 deliveries away apparently.

Stuff happens man... it's a day late. I get you, but have an ounce of patience and pound of understanding.

Enjoy your monitor. :)

Got the monitor now, and I have the usual long afternoon at work to get through before I get home and try it out. My first G-sync :)

They also responded to my note, and in essence they say they're refunding the difference between the service paid for and that received, which is about as good could be expected.

Am I impatient? Is it unreasonable that if I'm offered and paid for a given service, that I should expect it? In this case, the delay is not of major significance, but sometimes if you need next day, you really need it.

ok, so did they say next day shipping... or did the company literally say "you will get item tomorrow" generally next day shipping just means it will get to you the day after they ship it... amazon is really the only company here that i think promises delivery dates, even then the shippers can let down at times. just be happy you got a good deal, holy crap.

They do it Amazon style, picking a random item on their site right now "Order within 7 hours for delivery on Saturday, 5th August", then on the checkout page you can pick the premium shipping to enable that, or take a slower cheaper option. It was also listed on the order confirmation.

Got the monitor now, and I have the usual long afternoon at work to get through before I get home and try it out. My first G-sync :)

They also responded to my note, and in essence they say they're refunding the difference between the service paid for and that received, which is about as good could be expected.

Am I impatient? Is it unreasonable that if I'm offered and paid for a given service, that I should expect it? In this case, the delay is not of major significance, but sometimes if you need next day, you really need it.
Its not unreasonable... no. You should expect them to fulfill what what obligated. **** happens though... I wouldn't have wasted the time spent posting one-off issues (with vague titles) in the vendor section. Now if it was an egregerious thing sure, scream from the top of the hills. But they borked once and resolved the issue by refunding the difference...all within 24 hours and there was already a thread (where the impatience comes in). I just don't get the point of the thread considering how innocuous and how quickly resolved the situation actually was. I mean, when this stuff happens to me, I roll my eyes, resolve the issue and move on. If it becomes a PATTERN, only then would I consider posting about it... but, that is just me and I probably shouldn't have even responded. :)

Last edited:
I don't see any particular guidelines but maybe I don't get the intent of this forum section... does it require a certain level of calamity before posting? Anyway, I think we're done here.

Calamity in general would have been nice! :D

Anyway, thanks for sharing this tumultuos circumstance. We are all happy the issue was resolved in an incredibly timely manner and to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
Back