• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joedymueller

hey guys

i woke up to artifacts? i guess on my GTX295.

i only have 1 of the GPU's folding and there was random dots all over the screen. i rebooted and they went away.

everything is stock on the card. (fan speed at 85%)

so should i get this thing RMA'd? I'm assuming it will happen again right?

Hardass

hey guys

i woke up to artifacts? i guess on my GTX295.

i only have 1 of the GPU's folding and there was random dots all over the screen. i rebooted and they went away.

everything is stock on the card. (fan speed at 85%)

so should i get this thing RMA'd? I'm assuming it will happen again right?

How long has it been running? Does it need to be cleaned. I would just see if it happens again.

OP
joedymueller

joedymueller

this is the second time it has happened, the first time was ... November?

I also can't productively fold on both cores.

I think I am answering my own question...

dylskee

I also can't productively fold on both cores.

What exactly do you mean by this? Because I'm seeing the same thing with my GTX 285s lately. GPU2 takes twice the amount of time to fold the same WU. I've tried different drivers and running everything stock but nothing has helped so far. I've got these cards water cooled with EK full coverage water blocks and my temps don't get above 42°C. I also have great ventilation in my TJ07 so I'm at a loss here. I will try removing the old drivers in safe mode and re-installing and see if that helps.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
don't forget to set the priority lever higher via configure

I leave mine on auto... it will max if self out if it needs to.