• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another what PSU should I get thread..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

I know your going to love this but Im going to ask it too..

my rig is currently as follows..

AMD 2700+ @ 11.5x200 2.3ghz 1.85v
BFG 6800GT
Geil Ram 11-3-3-2 2.9v
HD 80gb wd
HD 20gb Maxtor
Sony DVD DRU-510A
Plextor 52x48x52
HT-101 dual fan HSF
5 case fans

My Sparkle 350w was acting kind funky on me, and I think is to blame for me losing my 6800GT, in the process of being replaced.. I am running a friends Antec Truepower 430 right now but the 12v rail is @ 11.7-11.9 with no fans running right now (reworking case).. I want something that will supply enough power to my system and not sell my 6800GT short.. im also not looking ot break the bank either..

I've seen many suggest the Fortron 530w but I've also seen many that have had problems with them as well... so any other ideas or go with the Fortron/Sparkle 530w?

Thanks..

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Who's had problems with them?

I have yet to see any system that it couldn't power. From 2.8GHz Athon64's to 4.2GHz P4's. Shouldn't have any problems. The rails are ridiculously underrated, btw.

OP
GravY

GravY

didnt say I wouldnt go with Fortron or sparkle.. but look through this forum for problems with the 530w.. they are there, rail problems or ones that totally died after a short period of time.. just makes me question that model..

Oklahoma Wolf

Senior Warranty Validity Sealed Stick Remover
My 530w has been awesome so far... 3.38/5.1/12.12 out of the box with a meter. Quieter than I expected too - I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. The 400w should also run the system, along with the 430w Antec you're borrowing. Not sure if your 12v reading is from a meter or MBM, but it should be having no problems on your system.

buddhafumes

I'm using a Thermaltake Purepower 420w and it is nice. It has 9 molex connectors, which could go to another room (almost!). The rails are nice and stable. A thermaltake should get the job done. I got mine off of newegg for 39 dollars and free shipping. A good deal.