• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Answer to the "what card should I get for $XXX" question or "which card is better&quo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

Answer to the "what card should I get for $XXX" question or "which card is better&amp

These questions are constantly asked and usually asked in such a vague manner that it is hard for someone who knows nothing about your requirements, finacial situation, or needs to recommend the best card for you.

Here is the secret to answering all your questions like...

What card is better

Is it worth it to upgrade from X to X

What is the best card for $XXX

yatta yatta yatta

Search123.gif

This forum is packed with great information so do a search, get a bit of info for yourself and then post more specific questions if the answer to your question isn't easily found using the search function.

Here is a secret someone just taught me about searching for words under 4 letters long.

If you have something under 4 letters just add * until it is 4 characters long.

i.e. gf3------> gf3*

NV-----> NV**

Last edited:
I second that; waaaay too many repetitive threads.

And also:

No more NVIDIA vs. ATI threads! ARGH!

bump again

STICKY!!! please

also big bold letters explaining to peopl to use the ATi and nvidia forums!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm guilty of not using it too sometimes, but the search button is the best way to get the info you need right away. Especially when the same threads come up 3 or 4 times a day its easy to get tons of info in a snap with the search.

MrMarbles said:
that guide is good enough to be a sticky but only if it is updated reasonably often since prices changes, new cards come out etc

Funny is always updating it. He is the video card guide master!

I was just about to post this same question, but did a search first. [clouds break and light shines down]

that video card list is perfect.

i prolly know why search is underused... it might be that 3 letter words wont work... like gf3 for example, sometimes i get anoyed because i wanna search for important small words, like 12" and stuff...

fix it and maybe it will get more popular.

ohh and i also want the video card guide to be stickied!!! (Its so pro-ATI HAHAHAHA JK )

PhobMX said:
(Its so pro-ATI HAHAHAHA JK )

:mad: :p

as for updating, I try to update it every 2-3 weeks and definately anything new comes out. Just so you know, I started this last year. Use the search button and youll find it:D .

Here is a secret someone just taught me and I will add it to the top post.

If you have something under 4 letters just add * until it is 4 characters long.

i.e. gf3------> gf3*

NV-----> NV**

Works like a charm:)

Back