• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec 430w question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YetAnotherNoob

ok im seriously considering buying a

antec PlusView1000AMG w/o PSU for about 80 shipped. then either buying a sparkle 530w for about 75 shipped or a TTGI 550w for about 70shipped.

but i don't like the side windows, prefer the metal side. then i see:

antec Plus1080AMG w/ Antec TruePower 430w for about 125ish shipped.

but i wonder if the 430w will power my system:

oc'd a64, 1gb ram, 3hd, 1dvdrw, vga, sound, etc...

NiTrO bOiE

The 430 should be able to handle it, but a 35 dollar difference isn't much. Go for the Sparkle. Or buy the case + PSU combo, and sell the 430, then buy sparkle. :thup:

furiousfords89

sorry for the dumb question, but whats wrong with the antec true430? I have one of those and its currently powering a p4 2.8c, 7 case fans running @ full speed, and a coolermaster aero4 cooler, and other hardware. The rails seem stable to me and i havent had any problems with it for almost a month. Why are some people turning away from the true 430? thanks

AMD-Me

I had and still have a true 430 running my Barton at 2.5ghz and 1.9v ram a t 2.9v and chipset at 1.9v and i am yet to encoubter any problems. Dont let claimed numbers fool you the 430 is plenty unless your runnign some sort of super oced system, hell my friends dual 2800+ server with 3hdds and all kinds of goodies runs a generic 400w with as much power as my antec 430

Hookem

The 530watt Sparkle/Fortrons are absolute beast.

The 430 Antec TruePowers are great power supply's...No they are not the 530 Fortron...The build quality is excellent...They are very quiet...You certainly could do worse.

3% line regulation...Dedicated circuitry for each rail...The Plus 1080AMG is a nice setup...I have built a boat load of box's using the 1080AMG...Not one has given any of their owners one minute of trouble.

huneycutt

Know the 350W PSU isn't what you want but sell it for $25. and you got yourself a fine case for $55.00 Review at SilentPC very impressive.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-129-122&depa=0 Read the reviews at newegg.

Good tech review here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/modul...artid=76&page=1
"By using a couple of low speed, low noise 120mm fans you can have as much, or more airflow than with two, three or four higher revving, noisier 80mm fans that are included on the typical case."

Got one a few months back and absolutely delighted. 120mm fans front and rear, HD cage slides out and has rubber gromets (quiet) for screws that hold HD(s) in place. Comes with ANTEC 350W PSU and PSU alone would cost $53. with freight, so for $80. I paid like $27. for the case.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20040122/index.html Click Summary and read the last paragraph.

Last edited:

Hookem

Now that I look at your set up...Duhhh...You might be better off selling the 430watt TruePower that comes with the 1080AMG.

You should be able to sell it for just about what it will cost you for the 530 Fortron.

The 430 TruePower might hold you back on your overclock...The Fortron....No way.