• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec, Cheiftec, and Other For Water-Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow that looks quite restrictive, and I dont think the top is fixed for the off center,

The nozzle will be centered over the DIE. I measured and remeasured. With the pump attached the nozzle really does spray.

Relax JFettig, it is not as restrictive as it appears. When you look down the center of the barb all you see is 7 holes.

Restrictive, reshmictive.

High water velocity is just as important as simple high flow rates.

The nozzles will probably cut flow rates by one third but result in lower temperatures. If DV could be bothered, he'd find that as he widened the nozzles to allow more flow through that performance would drop off.

One of the most misunderstood points in water-cooling is the belief that volumetric flow rates are all important. Yes, they are important but only to the point that there must be sufficient water mass to absorb any heat without heating up excessively (a reason why I believe that the printer micro-jet cooling technology is headed too far down the velocity only path).

I believe that there's a "balance" point of velocity vs volumetric flow rates, and while high volumetric flow rates are better, it's possible to make a water block that performs better using just 0.1gpm, than a Maze 3 using 2gpm.

Last edited:
Lucky me. I had a problem with the new EP-8DRA mobo and was pulling my hair out trying to figure why the center channel did not allign over the DIE. I had taken photos and sent Cathar a link. With his knowledge of the four mounting holes on AMD MOBO's he pointed out to me that the holes were off center to the socket. I was about to have a top made to counter this problem, but the board goes back. I receive photos of the new top that will be on the TC4 and ready to go except for the finsh anodizing.

Thanks to a fellow O/C member (NeoMoses) for making these tops for me. I look forward to getting back to water-cooling, that is if I find a new MOBO. I may just pick up a EP-8K5A2+ to hold me over until the bugs are worked out with the Nvidia boards.

TC4%20TOPS.jpg

Back