• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec / Chieftec - without the junk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lugie

Registered
I'm looking for an Antec or Chieftec - type case, and I don't want all those extra features I'll never need.

It only needs like 3 5.25" drive bays and 2 3.5" drive bays. I'll only have 2 harddrives at the very most, so it doen't need to be humongous in that respect.

I don't want a window, I don't need any type of lock whatsoever (what kind of nerd would steal computer parts anyways... haha ;p) and I don't really need that door covering the drive bays.

Black would be nice, as well as it being aluminum. Aluminum isn't needed, either. And, if any of you have my dream case, tell me how it works for you. :)

So if you've seen it forsale, "hit me back on the first, my brother" as the kids would say. Thanks.

Master Mitch

Sure. How about a smaller Antec case?

http://www.antec-inc.com/en_plus660amg.html

I don't claim this will be your least expensive option, but it does come in black. I built a system with one of these recently, and it's a lot like the classic full tower Antec... only smaller, with no drive door, and convenient front USB and Firewire ports. Traditionally, this case ships with a True330 PS, which is handling an XP 1800+, GF4, and CD burning for the owner of the aforementioned system.

{PMS}fishy

Doesn't sound like you want an antec at all. All the features that you do not want, people are buying the cases for them. Go to www.newegg.com and brose around, Im sure you'll find soemthing that you will like.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
The antec mini tower is probably the best option for you, although if you want something with a little more space inside teh antec workstation tower would also be a good option. I am actually thinking of getting one of them myself. Exactly the same as teh antec tower, except no door, one less 5.25 bay, and only one harddrive cage inside. Remember that both of these cases can be gotten from chieftec for less that the antec version.

nihili

Inactive Doc Logic Philosophical Mod
In what way do you want it to be like an ANtec/Chieftec case? It will be easier to help if we know what you want.

nihili

OP
L

Lugie

Registered
I don't know. :)

I guess it doesn't have to be any specific brand name, and probably wont be seeing I've looked through everything at Newegg and haven't run accross anything.

I was thinking there's some companies not listed at Newegg... seeing that's the only place I regularly look through.

Really, all it needs to have are the following :

Black (glossy if possible, like those purdy Enermax ones ;). It'll be expensive, I know.) This is just so I can match my drives with it, hopefully, otherwise I'll just get a door.

Front USB, and audio in/out ports. (or else I could just get a separate drive bay unit for these...)

Easy to install crap (This'll be my first home-made PC!)

Thanks again, I change my mind a lot, sorry. :eek: