• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Dual Fan PS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobad

I am in the market for a 400w PS, and this one with dual fans sounds good for the money.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-103-912&DEPA=0

Since NewEggers have just made an investment and wouldn't write a bad review (and NewEgg wouldn't print it anyway), I don't trust the reviews there.

Main question are, is it a good stable fan that helps hold voltage up on an Asus P4C800-E Dlx? How about the dual fans? Which direction to they blow? I assume the rear one blows outward as normal, but how about the internal one? Does it blow outward or blow toward the CPU and video card?

Thanks!

David

Forums Super Moderator
bobad said:
I am in the market for a 400w PS, and this one with dual fans sounds good for the money.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-103-912&DEPA=0

Since NewEggers have just made an investment and wouldn't write a bad review (and NewEgg wouldn't print it anyway), I don't trust the reviews there.

Main question are, is it a good stable fan that helps hold voltage up on an Asus P4C800-E Dlx? How about the dual fans? Which direction to they blow? I assume the rear one blows outward as normal, but how about the internal one? Does it blow outward or blow toward the CPU and video card?

Thanks!

In dual fan PSUs the back fan exhausts air as usual, and the fan inside sucks air from inside the case, through the PSU.

a c i d.f l y

Its an Antec psu.. so of course it is of better quality than most.

Course you generally pay for that name... and two fans are louder than one 120mm.. do a search --

-Frank

David

Forums Super Moderator
Yeah two fans does make it noisier. I actually ripped the 2nd fan out of an old 400W PSU I had, because I was fed up with the noise :)

IYIENACE

My TC550 w/ dual fans is not noticably louder than the Antec 350 Smart Power it replaced. Both are fairly quiet.