• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec KÜHLER H2O 950 , want to clean the radiator..........how ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s8n

Registered
hi OC members , i have a Antec KÜHLER H2O 950 Performance Liquid CPU Cooling System. We are just getting into summer and in preparation i want to clean my radiator of dust what methods are there ?

chat soon

t1nm4n

vacuum cleaner, but a lot of people will stay away from that for some static reason :chair:. Most will suggest compressed air, you can find them in just about any electronics store, wouldn't use your air compressor in the garage unless you know for a fact it has a dryer and it's functioning properly. I mean if you really want to get it done take it out of the case, remove the fans so you can wipe them down also and then use a Vacuum cleaner (I mean who wants to blow dust everywhere in there house {guess outside is an answer}).

I wouldn't use any liquids, you will inevitably leave some moisture there which will start the whole dirt attraction :ty: process even faster.

If you do use the vacuum cleaner method, be sure to ground yourself before touching any of the internal PC components. I let my PC run while I vacuum out the rads, never had any issues, and that 6.5hp shop-vac can clean a rad out pretty quick.

trents

I always use an air compressor. I don't have a water filter in the line but have never had a problem with that.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
I always use an air compressor. I don't have a water filter in the line but have never had a problem with that.
Same here.

Should have seen the huge nasty white dust cloud from my rads lol.
Don't blast like 100psi though set it lower like 50psi just to be safe.

Alaric

I use running water through the back side of the rad. Of course, the humidity here makes drying it pretty easy. I can put it out in the sun and it will get hotter than it ever will in use. I don't trust safe air pressures to get all the crud out.