• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Multimedia Station

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I just bought the Antec Multimedia Station Basic because it would enable me to turn the PC on/off via remote and integrate my IR receiver into the case. Does anyone have any experience with the Antec Multimedia Station products? I'll be setting it up for use with XBMC.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

mrjspeed

sadly I don't have any advice, but I'd like to know your experience with it when you get it up and running. I don't like my current remote setup with my HTPC mostly because it doesn't turn the device on and off very well.

OP
R

Robmoo

It works like a charm. One has to use the IMon Ir software. Soundgraph hasn't opened up their hardware so one can use EventGhost or IR Server Site. The receiver is hardwired to turn on the PC. The shutdown is software mediated. I found an XBMC/MCE Remote .imo file on the XBMC website. Once I had my Harmony remote programed to function as a MCE remote I was ready to go.

I HIGHLY recommend the Harmony remotes. They aren't cheap, but the are easy to set up and function extremely well.

I have a pair of 30GB SSD's on the way. I can't wait until I can press a button and in 20-30 seconds be ready to watch a movie!

mrjspeed

It works like a charm. One has to use the IMon Ir software. Soundgraph hasn't opened up their hardware so one can use EventGhost or IR Server Site. The receiver is hardwired to turn on the PC. The shutdown is software mediated. I found an XBMC/MCE Remote .imo file on the XBMC website. Once I had my Harmony remote programed to function as a MCE remote I was ready to go.

I HIGHLY recommend the Harmony remotes. They aren't cheap, but the are easy to set up and function extremely well.

I have a pair of 30GB SSD's on the way. I can't wait until I can press a button and in 20-30 seconds be ready to watch a movie!

thanks for that post, it really answered a few things for me. I was thinking about getting this with the Harmony to basically tie everything into one remote. I have 2TB of storage on my low-profile HTPC, but I'm thinking of moving everything to a file server and getting a raid-0 SSD setup like you. That's the perfect setup IMO. Have a box that plays off of a network, but has a silent raid-0 SSD setup for fast bootups and ultra-fast meta data loading.

OP
R

Robmoo

I have a pair of 30GB SSD's arriving tomorrow. I had planned to put them in RAID 0 because 30GB is a biit too small for a 64bit operating system.