• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec tp 550 and 5v rail dropping on dual 2.4ghz AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

i have had this antec true power 550 for almost a year now and up until last week had rock solid rails at 5-5.04v and 12-12.1v (read by a voltmeter)

then about a week ago i noticed that motherboard monitor indicated the 5v started dropping to 4.84-4.87v most of the time and sometimes down to 4.62v....

so i checked the 5v rail with a voltmeter and sure enough it's hovering around 4.87v...

should i adjust the 5v pot to give it more juice? should i RMA the psu?

the system it's powering does require a lot of juice:

DUAL Mobile Bart 2600+'s at 2.415 Ghz @1.73-9V
4x 512mb Crucial ECC, Reg PC2100
2x WD Raptors 36gb RAID-0 w/promise S150 TX2+
2x 160gb IBM 7k250 PATA
8x NEC +/- DVDRW
52x Asus CDRW
I.O. zip100
Mits. floppy
Linksys 10/100
5.1 S.Blaster Live
Winfast TV2000XP
9700pro@335/650
4-45cfm panaflos on sunbeam rheostat
2 80mm adjustable speed enermax fans

The pot might have been just knocked, adjust the pot and call it a day, thats the beuty of the antec 550

it's such a pain to do this...but i guess the prudent thing to do would be to increase the 5v pot first and see if all is well

i wonder if it's possible when i last air dusted the psu, that i accidently lowered the 5v pot?

in any case, if raising the pot doesn't work, i will put the fortron 530 psu i have in their and see if the 5v goes back up...

if they weren't $200, i would get a pc power and cooling 510 watter...

dustybyrd said:
it's such a pain to do this...but i guess the prudent thing to do would be to increase the 5v pot first and see if all is well

i wonder if it's possible when i last air dusted the psu, that i accidently lowered the 5v pot?

in any case, if raising the pot doesn't work, i will put the fortron 530 psu i have in their and see if the 5v goes back up...

if they weren't $200, i would get a pc power and cooling 510 watter...

the antec tp 550 has no internal adjustable pots to adjust the voltage...

Back