• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TruePower 430w or 480w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shanus

Registered
What difference will the extra 50w would be gained, if any, in a P4 2.4B system, on an Asus P4PE? I plan to overclock on air and run a GF4 Ti4200 and 4 80mm case fans. There will be 1* CDR, 1*DVD, and 2 seagate barracudas.

thanx
shane

1Time

Welcome to the Forums!

I can't imagine how you'd be able to tell any difference between those two PSUs with your system. The 430w will do it for you.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
With the Antec True Power's you could probably get away with a 380W, as the 12V line is seperate from the 3.3 and 5V lines. As far as I know it's the only line of power supplies with this feature. The new Vantec's might have it, but I'm not sure.

Tipycol

CrystalMethod said:
With the Antec True Power's you could probably get away with a 380W, as the 12V line is seperate from the 3.3 and 5V lines. As far as I know it's the only line of power supplies with this feature. The new Vantec's might have it, but I'm not sure.

Do the PC Power & Cooling PSU's have it?