• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antecs and Honda Civics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They don't make drive covers for the drives I have. And i'm cheap too! Heck no i'm paying $2.50(or $10 from CompUSA) for drive covers.

i'm willing to bet that most of those modded civics were done by a garage and paid for by the kid's parents.

Sadly, the computer case world is becoming like this....yuck. Ooh....I can buy a modded case! No, you make it, or you dont mod it at all...wtf....If you want something customized, do it yourself. it's more fun, and it's cheaper....and there's a certain pride issue. yea, you have a $4000 system and the case 10% steel and 90% mod, but did you build the comp yourself? Did you put the window in yourself?

What's the point of modding a case if you dont do it yourself...

In other news, I cant wait to get a dremel.....just need to scrape up $50 and i'll have a few windows in my case....and I think I have the circut designs for my rheobus finished...so alls I need to do is get the parts and grab the soldering iron...w00t.

i just bought myself a chieftec case (wannabe antec). it's the Model DX-01BD. i just wanted a new case cause my crappy inwin just isn't cutting in on space and cooling. plus i really like the fan on the side, plus i didn't really need a window cause i have my case open about 75% of the time :) right now i am at school and i really can't get to much machinery to do the sort of modding i want to so the pre-made hole on the side for the video card is enough for me. plus, you can't really beat a case for the price with a cheap 420 watt psu. i am sure i will think of something to do with the psu... hehe

Thinking about it... you know Lian Li is popular when there are a million knockoffs (with cheesy PSU's)...

Now *that* would be a rice 'puter... a Lian-Li knockoff with no-name lightweight 400W PSU, Celeron 1.8, ECS/PC Chips VIA integrated chipset, etc... with the case modded and decaled all over.

(Edit: Of course, a Celeron [email protected] is the ultimate in OCing riceness - if you actually think it's really really fast - It's not rice if you know how badly the real P4/3.06 will run it over ;) )

Last edited:
Back