• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any 8KHA+ owners have/had the nutz to do the "overvolt' protection mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
Just like it says.

I have done the v-mod. and I have the list and info to do the "overvolt protection mod" but was wondering if any1 had the nutz to do it?

EluSiOn

i am in the middle doing a vmod as well... However, I want to know more about 8kha+,

if I set my FSB at 166, what will be my AGP mhz and also pci mhz be?

OP
Rottys-R-Us

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
EluSiOn said:
i am in the middle doing a vmod as well... However, I want to know more about 8kha+,

if I set my FSB at 166, what will be my AGP mhz and also pci mhz be?

HERE is some reading in PDF format for you all. I had gotton while I was there.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I've done 3 vcore mods, and my watercooled rig is always at 2.0v or more:) but I have not done the overvolt mod: I can max out about 2.15v (board variation- mod is for 2.1.)

I am held back more by my insistence on generic pc2100 at this point: my best stick doesn't want to go over 182mhz fsb. (and that is at 3.5 volts!)

Mooky

Rotty, I think you're going to run into the same problem as rogerdugans. I went through 10 sticks of Crucial 2.5 to find ONE that would work at 200FSB. Even if you do the volt-mod and manage to raise the CPU voltage, you're going to get blocked by the PC2100 memory.

OP
Rottys-R-Us

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
Mooky said:
Rotty, I think you're going to run into the same problem as rogerdugans. I went through 10 sticks of Crucial 2.5 to find ONE that would work at 200FSB. Even if you do the volt-mod and manage to raise the CPU voltage, you're going to get blocked by the PC2100 memory.

Yah Mook, I was just thinking that when I jump over the 166 FSB I'll be in a world of hurt till I get up to 200, was thinking maybe of some Samsung PC2700, but just getting the H2O setup put me back a lillon the $$ front.hehe.

But if I stay below 166 I would like to see what happens, hmm me trying to be an 'Overclocker" LOL.

Right now 160x12=1.920 out of the 1.4 hehe.

Thanks.

Mooky

I know whatcha mean Rotty. Memory prices are out of this world right now. I remember when I first bought my Crucial 2.5s. They were $30 each for 256MB with a discount. Now you have to pay more than twice that. Almost 4 times if you want anything to run anywhere near 200Mhz. Crazy.

RnPgrosz

EluSiOn said:
that is correct...

but from AOA Forum http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/ The Epox Tech and holst saying that the board is stable at 200mhz which making pci mhz 50mhz and agp at 100 mhz. I don't understand the magic how to achieve that though

It has the 1/5 divider so the PCI is 40 MHz and the AGP is 80 MHz. Every Via chipset since the KT266A has had the 1/5 divider, its not new.

LiGhTBoY

No it doesn't have the 1/5 divider (not my claims, read around). In ever prog that reports the pci speed , it shows it as 1/4 divider.