• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any advice before connect my w/c setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Location
NC, USA
hallo again,

some of you were following my thread about a week ago,

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68947&highlight=1st+and+bong

there are some early pics there, i got my enhiem 1250 and maze 2 early this week, it's been running for 48 hours in my kitchen with good results and i'm going to transition to the pc tonight. anyone have any tips before i start that'd be cool. my bong is 3 ft tall, i actually used a shower head for the "shower head" i took out the airater and filled a couple of the holes. i used a plastic mesh folded over and twisted and pushed until it reached the base of the bong. the water spreads out nice and move's slowly to the bottom.

on some advice from a friend i grabbed some rv antifreeze, it's used in the water systems of rv's and boats to prevent freeze during the winter, you may have seen it, it's pink and the main ingredient is propylene glycol, non toxic and protects to -50.
normal antifreeze contains ethylene glycol and is highly toxic. wanted to avoid this and still keep the thermal transfer added by the ethlene glycol. so i thought maybe propylene glycol would work as well. an added plus is a viscosity only slightly thicker than water...

anyway, back to lapping the maze 2. drop a line if you got any tips or questions for me,


oh, and,

wish me luck:D
 

Tecumseh

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Location
Ohio
If your bong is in the house, I would not use any
antifreeze not matter how non-toxic. No additive
will increase your heat transfer efficiency and that
stuff will eventually "migrate" all over the room.
 

Yodums

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2001
Location
Ottawa, Canada
Good Luck, double check things over. All I have to say! Have fun with it too, I know you will make it a success :D
 
OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Location
NC, USA
think i killed my xp? got everything installed and hooked up. turned on the pump and made sure to get all the air out. waited a few minutes and fired up the comp...... nada!! nothing. fooled with it all night long to no avail. i pulled the chip back out, it doesn't look discolored anywhere and there are no chips on it.... i can't figure out what's going on. drives spin up and power and hdd led come on. hdd led goes off after a bit and it just sits there. nothing. i striped it down to cpu, ram and video card, still nothing... why no bios beeps or anything.. killed my mobo? or my chip? i'm building a puter for someone else soon so i went ahead and ordered the duron and ecs k7s5a (she won't be o/c'ing or anything) and i figure i'll use the duron to test my shuttle. think i could get the shuttle rma'd but not the xp.....


[email protected]#$!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!
 

f155mph

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2001
Don't add anything!!! That stuff is going to get all over the place. When it evaporate, it will leave residue everywhere.
 

Wolfe

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Location
Chasing his Cat ^_^
it might be your monitor cable, if not, you need to have a fan plugged into the cpu fan header in the mobo, otherwide the system wont start (failsafe)