• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any benefit to installing the S/W that comes with EVO 850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

Hi folks,
Is there any benefit to installing the S/W that comes with an EVO 850? Ordinarily I carefully store the CD somewhere safe but on my laptop I do occasionally boot Win10.

Is there useful S/W on the CD or just bloat?

Thanks!

There are only a couple of programs on the one I looked at. The only one I found of interest is data migration software, so you can clone your existing drive. No idea as to its actual usability.

The migration software screwed up my data backup in windows, I had to do a fresh install of windows to have the backup work again.

Yeah the data migration software has been excellent tool for everything I've used it for on computers converting to SSD's.
I think there is the magician software on the disk as well, if that is what its called. Can't remember exactly but it keeps statistics about the drive. I use it on my PC's its really nice.

the magician software will also keep tabs on the firmware. The optimization software is where its most useful though

Back