• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any info on abit hyper threading bios update???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooshball

ok
i know that some companies are updating the bios for some mobos so that it can support hyper-threading.
any word on bios update for old abit mobos such as
th7ii and bd7ii??
thx

koosh

Old eh?? Seeing that until 2 weeks ago the BD7II was the most recent Intel DDR chipset, and the TH7II is STILL the most recent RDRAM chipset....they are far from old.. infact, they are the only chipsets that CAN be flashed to support HT....

Well, for all we know, the newest bioses already do... we just wont see it, as our chips are HT disabled... but assuming the BD7II/TH7II will take the 3.06 (it may not due to power load, who know.. :p), it is a very good bet that they will....

I know the 850e is supported so I would imagine if an official 850 th7ii bios is not released it wouldnt be that hard to mod one with the microcode or whatever part of the bios is responsible for hyperthreading to a th7ii bios, especially since the 3.06 is based on the same stepping as the 2.26, 2.53, 2.66, and 2.8 processors.

Back