• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any love for legacy cases? What to do with them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Goodbye beige cases, they are in the dumpster.:cry:

Except for this one,

sun&IBM.jpg

Pretty soon I've going to retire on of my AM3 systems, and I can use this case as a retro build with modern internals.

Last edited:
I'm having 2nd thoughts about taking these to e-waste, I'm just gonna put them in my shed. I loved the Chen Ming and Antec style cases for so long, it's hard to treat them like refuse.

Pretty sure Enermax were the first to do that style of case and Antec basically copied it. My first build (not pre assembled) used an Antec 660AMG case which was a similar style but broke the mold by using a gunmetal grey finish rather than beige. Probably the only case I ever bother using for multiple builds.

The original build had an nVidia chipset , Asus board (though I nearly went Soltek), Athlon XP2500+ “Barton” core CPU, lapped ThermalTake Pipe101 heatsink + zdelta screamer fan, Kingmax TinyBGA gold coloured RAM and I can’t remember which video card….. Those were the days. :)

Last edited:
Back