• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one playing Fallen Earth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
I have to say this is really cool game.. if you got to this site
https://www.fallenearth.com/trial
it is a 10day free trial and to me the sad part a monthly fee.

ubscription Options:

Players who wish to use a credit card or PayPal will be able to choose from the following recurring billing options:

* $14.99 per month
* 3 months - $41.99 (the equivalent of $13.99 per month)
* 6 months - $77.99 (the equivalent of $12.99 per month)
* 12 months - $143.99 (the equivalent of $11.99 per month)

the game is on sale if you buy from them directly for $29.99. should be that cheap if not cheaper for charging a monthly fee. I never did the like the idea of having to pay to get the game. Then only being able to play, by paying them a monthly fee.

I am still up in the air but IMO one game i might actually pay the monthly fee for.

JonSimonzi

Looks like an MMO version of Fallout 3. Might give the 10 day trial a run, I'm always up to try anything that's free.

Puer Aeternus

Looks like they cleaned it up a lot since I played as a Beta. At the time it did not make a very good impression on me. Looked really dated, ran choppy and I did not find it fun. I was really surprised they were planning on charging money for it. I gotta say from the screen shots..it almost looks nothing like the version I played.

Owenator

Senior Internet Fart
Fun game! I'm subscribed and have been playing this since it came out. I have a level 43 Tech. Combat is fun but it's not a true FPS. I can give you pointers/stuff if you hit me up in game or here. My game name is: 'Owenator' ;)

I played the beta and wasn't as happy with the "if you want it you have to craft it". But the release version lets you start out in towns that give you lots of free ammo for ranged weapons so you don't have to craft if you don't want to. Of course I found crafting to be addicting so now I craft everything! LOL

Anyone for an overclockers clan for this?

Owenator

Senior Internet Fart
Saw Evil on last night and we chatted. Anybody else in?

I need to figure out a way to channel stuff to trial users. If I do, I can hook you up with better gear, chips etc. At lower levels everything seems expensive but at my level I have spares! :D

Owenator

Senior Internet Fart
I leveled up to 45 finally. Now I can make any gun (pistol & rifle) or armor up to level 164. I am working on rocket launcher right now. That will take a little longer. Knowing OCD me I willl keep crafting until I have every freekin recipie in the game! LOL

Lavacon

I played for a month off and on. I canceled my account at the end of said month. The game has MANY great ideas, but, the follow through is iffy. I will go back and give it another shot later on in the year. Like any new MMO, it needs some time. Things are usually quirky in the beginning.

I am looking forward Global Agenda atm. It's looking pretty polished and hopefully fills my FPS/MMO cravings. But, then again, I'll prolly quit GA and start another game...

Owenator

Senior Internet Fart
haha u sound like my friend that i play mmo's with
This is my first. Appealed to me more than any other because of the post apocolypse theme.

I played for a month off and on. I canceled my account at the end of said month. The game has MANY great ideas, but, the follow through is iffy. I will go back and give it another shot later on in the year. Like any new MMO, it needs some time. Things are usually quirky in the beginning.

I am looking forward Global Agenda atm. It's looking pretty polished and hopefully fills my FPS/MMO cravings. But, then again, I'll prolly quit GA and start another game...
I agree it's not a good FPS substitute. It's fun to fight but not on the level of a good FPS title. I have become hooked on the crafting and scavenging parts for the crafting. Now I am just finishing out my character which will probably entail a lot of traveling around to get Advancement Point (AP) quests I missed. You don't get any more experience after level 45 but I still have probably around 100+ AP to get.

Owenator

Senior Internet Fart
I'm on FE quite a bit. If you need wheels or a horse I can make you one for materials. I'm considering a motorcyle next myself. But horses are just so practical. They feed themselves and heal.

Mentokk

Registered
Looks interesting. I got tired of wow, so I've been looking for another mmo to waste some time with. Downloading trial now.

ratbuddy

Looks interesting. I got tired of wow, so I've been looking for another mmo to waste some time with. Downloading trial now.

Same here, I let my WoW subscription lapse and don't see myself reactivating any time soon, maybe not even for Cataclysm. Just finished downloading, I'm gonna try for the name 'Slazerik' if anyone wants to look for me in-game.

deed

I grabbed a 60 day free trial not to long ago but have yet to use it.... then it expired so I guess I will get a new one.