• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one waiting for Nforce2 to get a 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WerewolfX

Registered
Just wondering how many people are waiting for Nforce 2 before they buy a 2400+.

A simple yes / no will suffice.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
id be holding off on both.the nforce2 will be buggy at first. not proven yet, but most likly.will be great once its ironed out.wait for a asus or abit imo.
the 2400 is a big crap shoot ive been seeing.2.15-2.3 if u get lucky.ive seen more complaints than praise and these people talking arent newbies!

i still think id buy a 2400 as long as u dont expect crazy oc's.
mr negativity? aint i? lol

{PMS}fishy

I would buy it if it ever comes out. All this talk and I haven't seen anything. Probally cause it sucks.

tragic_monkey

im waiting for the Nforce2 but im gonna use a 1600 in it, but in perhaps 6 months time or so, if AMD have released some decent steppings then who knows i may pick myself up a 2400+ :)

PhobMX

im fine with this computer by now, but if i can sell it ill have to decide to either buy xp 2400 good core or p4 2.26ghz c1 with dual ddr pc2700. Take a look at the main site, a review there PROVES that p4s memory bw problems have come to an end, dual pc2700 cas2 will do the trick, it also means theres no point on dual pc3200 cas2 unless new amd cpus generation need it ;)

ntpphong

i think from 2ghz to 2.3 ghz is a very good oc. and mostly those new delivery of the 2400+ cpus should be better made...from my oppinion, if they want to beat intel

rippedsocks

well my 2400+ o/c to 2.3 with only 1.725 core... STABLE.... and im on crap heatsink (volcano 9).... when i get my slk-800 and dont have to worry about going over 55c load... ill try for 2.4-2.6 with 1.85 or more vcore so NO complaints here with the 2400+, as for the nforce 2, ill only get it if u can lock your pci clocks when you change your fsb (like intel has)......

natopotato

well im getting 2.25 and i got water and an abit kt400 i think that maby my psu is my problem iv pushed up to 1.9 v and i still cant get into windows so im a lil dissapointed

skane

Yes. I'm looking forward to it, but will wait until it's actually out and proven/matured.