• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any SMP users have SuSE 9.1 as an os?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

hey guys. I think this should be here. Im just curious, does anyone use suse 9.1 personal on their smp machine, and how did u get the smp support? Did the Yast2 install take care of it or did you have to recompile or what?

Thanks in advance guys.

OrangeCrush

Registered
I'll let you know as soon as Novell ships me my copies ... Mandrake worked fine with SMP, I expect the same with SuSE. I toss the distributions that don't support dualies.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
I've used SUSE Standard and Enterprise Server on a dual AMD system and it automatically installed an SMP kernel, during installation. I haven't tried Personal Workstation, but it is generally a more advanced version than the tried-and-true Server versions, so I doubt you'll have any trouble.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
When I boot Knoppix off the CD-ROM I get 4 penguins which means Knoppix recognized both CPUs and HT on my Xeon duallie. I'd think any recent 2.4.x nix should auto detect SMP and select/compile the kernel to support it.

OP
M

MadSkillzMan

well i had issues with SuSE on my duallie. I dont really know why. Im going to attack getting Xfree86 to use my SiS xabre with dual monitors.