• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANY Store on the first page of Pricewatch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wanna_b_rich_13

What do you guys think about the stores that are listed on Pricewatch that show up on the first page? (usually the ones that seem to have the absolute best prices but most suspcicious stores)

I know Newegg is on there and some other reputable stores but they are not always the cheapest.

Just wanted to see your opinions.

PingSpike

A lot of the sites advertise the lowest prices just to get the free advertising from pricewatch. I always go up the list until I find a retailer that I like and buy from them. Often its only like 1.50 difference in price between a company like newegg.com and "sketchball.com" You want to find a company with a good return policy in case anything screws up.

Aktunka

This sort of thing is exactly why I just buy from Newegg alone on 95% of the stuff I buy. They are frequently close to being the least expensive if not the least expensive, and to me even if they are a little more I would rather pay that extra $5.00 to know that I am getting a good product from a good company with good customer service. Trying to save a couple of dollars at the cost of the peace of mind I get from buying at Newegg just isn't worth it.

TommyHolly

I know people here are really pushing Newegg but...

I have found some things on Pricewatch.com that were literally %20 LOWER that what Newegg was selling it for.

Recently I bought a 17" Flat LCD W/ TV tuner, remote and the best specs you can have from a vendor off the front page for $390 shipped. Look what the next closest price on Newegg for something like that is.

(By the way, my Monitor is not a famous brand per say..."Cornea"...but the specs are great and I am really happy with it.)

P.S. Oh Yeah, and I just shopped for a friend who bought a AMAZING Viewsonic refurb 19" CRT for $190. That was awesome. (If I had the deskspace I would get 2.)

Aktunka

As I said, I buy 95% of my stuff from Newegg, but on those rare occasions where they just don't have what I want or are way higher then I may go with another good company. As for LCD's. a couple months ago I got my NEC 17" 16ms LCD from Newegg for $389 with free shipping. Prices fluxuate and especially are tending a tad towards the high side at the moment due to the holidays.

Axis

Micro Pro always showed up in the first page for video cards. They "were" local to me but went out of business. I miss them because I just printed out all the stuff from them on Pricewatch and went down to them and got my stuff! They were the only ones I trusted becuase I had known them for years.

I agree with the people about newegg... unless you actally have a history with a vendor on the first page don't take the chance.

gruvin2

I have dealt with a few low-ball vendors and learned my lesson. It takes alot to make me NOT purchase from NewEgg.com. Granted there are some B&M deals that turn out better, but as far as internet ordering i'm a Big NewEgg fan. There customer service is exceptional.