• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Suggestions for a AFFORDABLE case with a GOOD powersupply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ttfrog

I'm looking for an affordable case that comes with a good, trustworthy powersupply. It would be best if it was under 100 dollars, but a bit over would be okay (I figure...), but under 100 is best (hehe stressing that..). Any recommendations are welcome and would be helpful!! Thanks

Steve978

Cheiftecs are always good because they give you los of room and good airflow, for cases try

www.directron.com
www.svc.com
www.newegg.com

For a power supply don't get it included with your case, its usually a piece of junk, go with a fortron, sparkle, or antec. The fortron and sparkle are usually a bit cheaper probably all you need is a 350watt.

CalsonicGTR

Newegg has the SLK3700AMB for only $73. With 2 120mm fans, it has great airflow, and it comes with a 350 Watt Antec SmartPower PSU (it's not as good at the TruePowers but it will probably will be adequate for your system). If you feel the need to go with another supply, then a Fortron/Sparkle or an Antec Truepower would work nicely.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Antec's case/PSU combos have very poor value when compared to a Chieftec Dragon(or other case of your choice) coupled with a Fortron power supply purchased seperately.

Cornel

Gautam said:
Antec's case/PSU combos have very poor value when compared to a Chieftec Dragon(or other case of your choice) coupled with a Fortron power supply purchased seperately.

"Very poor" is a little too much said. The SLK3700 is a very good case for 55 dollars+shipping.

Deathknight

Cornel said:

"Very poor" is a little too much said. The SLK3700 is a very good case for 55 dollars+shipping.

Agreed this is an outstanding case and a great value regardless.

If you like this case you can also get the Compucase LX-6A19. This is the case that antec bases their SLK3700 on. Structurally its the same case with a different paint job and a different front bezel. You can get it without a PSU too ;) Directron has em for $49.

moorcito

I got the SX1040BII from newegg a couple of weeks ago, and have been very pleased . The 400W SmartPower has worked just fine with everything that I've thrown at it.

OP
T

ttfrog

hmm moorcito and deathknight, your choices seem quite enticing.... expecially since I could get a 350 watt fortron for a non-overclocked family rig. Interesting.. thanks for the replies ^^

Mattman

I got the amb3700slk for my rig and it's very nice! It was a helluva deal @ $73 shipped, and it's running my minimilly OC'd rig NP!

Cheers :)

xanderjobizzle

im going to have to side w/ Mattman on this one b/c the antec cases and psu's are awesome not to mention the fact that they usualy come w/ 2 120mm case fans! its like a giant wind tunnle in their!

-Xander