• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Torchlight players?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought it like three weeks ago. I played it for about an hour or so (still in first dungeon). I thought it was simple and something to play on the side. I have been very busy and haven't played it since, but want to though.

when visitng my mate a few weeks ago we blasted through the entire game, took a few hours. He went through as the hunter style class (bow and arrows) I went with the barb.

It was intersting seeing the 2 different classes develop. At the start I had the edge, mowing threw mobs like a hot knife through butter, but slowed right up for a good few levels, had to really be careful as things destroyed me.

equally he started slowly, like a glas cannon, but like all glass cannons his damage soon became insane and mowed his way quickly down.

however the game ended with him having to fight the last boss for around 30mins. dieing over and over. He fought near the entrance so when he went into the main chamber after the fight there were nearly thousands of bodies from the spawns.

In comparison the barb munched through the fight in about 15 hits.

all in all, very fun game, but after completing it it doesnt tempt me to go back, could do with multiplayer. The extra dungeons aftyer you have completed the game are fun briefly but provide no challenge.

On sale for $3 today on Steam. Picked it up to feel out Diablo 3 gameplay style before buying that game later this year.

I've been playing it all day. It's just great. Making me look forward to D3 in a big way.

you know i thought i read some where that the team for D3 is a new team. that the team that did D and DII made Torchlight. i dont think the feel would be the same at all, epically when you compare DII screen shots to DIII screen shots. DIII looks more lightish, where DII had more of a darker tone to it, as well as D.

Back