• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any users of Corel PDF Fusion-- Do you like it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I've never used Corel's PDF software only Adobe Acrobat.

Has anyone used PDF Fusion and what were your thoughts on it? I'm debating on whether to get it or not.

Thanks!

I like it a lot. I needed the ability to do more then just make PDF files. In my business I had to make copies of everything that I did, receipts, bills of lading, proof of delivery and proof of pickup including existing damages to equipment. Most of the paperwork was kept in separate PDF's for each category but there were times that I needed many separate files combined into one to get paid or prove prior damage on drayage forms to keep from getting back charged.

It is pretty easy to do what you want in the program without reading directions and most of it is straight forward enough that it only takes a few times to remember how you did it last time. It was well worth the money for me so I could email a single, understandable multi page file to whomever was trying to take money from me with dates and times that showed possession and return of equipment, proof of pick up, delivery and signed paperwork by their representatives. I could send separate PDF's from adobe but many times companies would only look at one of them or not understand the time line that I was able to create in order from separate files. For me it saved a lot of time and money to be able to mix separate files and still keep the originals intact for taxes. Adobe would just not let me do that for such a cheap price.

If you need it, it's a good buy for the price.

I like it a lot. I needed the ability to do more then just make PDF files. In my business I had to make copies of everything that I did, receipts, bills of lading, proof of delivery and proof of pickup including existing damages to equipment. Most of the paperwork was kept in separate PDF's for each category but there were times that I needed many separate files combined into one to get paid or prove prior damage on drayage forms to keep from getting back charged.

It is pretty easy to do what you want in the program without reading directions and most of it is straight forward enough that it only takes a few times to remember how you did it last time. It was well worth the money for me so I could email a single, understandable multi page file to whomever was trying to take money from me with dates and times that showed possession and return of equipment, proof of pick up, delivery and signed paperwork by their representatives. I could send separate PDF's from adobe but many times companies would only look at one of them or not understand the time line that I was able to create in order from separate files. For me it saved a lot of time and money to be able to mix separate files and still keep the originals intact for taxes. Adobe would just not let me do that for such a cheap price.

If you need it, it's a good buy for the price.

THANKS A LOT for your reply!! Had my doubts anyone would answer.

Can it do the following:

1. Allows you to pick several files to combine into 1 PDF, BUT before it makes the final PDF allows you to rearrange the order of the "parent" files so that the final PDF file will be in the correct order. Like if you select files A, B, C on your desktop, can I re-order them into B,A,C so that in the final PDF. page 1 is B, page 2 is A etc... ?
2. Can you extract single pages and a range of pages (making a single PDF from the extraction) from an existing PDF without having to alter/delete from the original PDF file you are pulling the pages from?

Are there any features in this software that are in Adobe and wish it had?

LASTLY for now at least, I convert A LOT of files from MS Word 2010 into PDFs, do you notice the following:

Changes formatting on MS Word Documents such that they neither display or print correctly.

Last edited:
I believe FoxIt has the functionality you're looking for.

I believe FoxIt has the functionality you're looking for.

Maybe, but not at the price. Foxit is too expensive for the simple tasks I use PDFs for, also I don't use these features that often. Probably the feature I use the most is actually printing a doc into a PDF file, like from FF.

I tried Foxit once, not in this system, and it didn't work too well for the most basic of tasks. It could have been the person's computer though.

THANKS A LOT for your reply!! Had my doubts anyone would answer.

Can it do the following:

1. Allows you to pick several files to combine into 1 PDF, BUT before it makes the final PDF allows you to rearrange the order of the "parent" files so that the final PDF file will be in the correct order. Like if you select files A, B, C on your desktop, can I re-order them into B,A,C so that in the final PDF. page 1 is B, page 2 is A etc... ?
2. Can you extract single pages and a range of pages (making a single PDF from the extraction) from an existing PDF without having to alter/delete from the original PDF file you are pulling the pages from?

Are there any features in this software that are in Adobe and wish it had?

LASTLY for now at least, I convert A LOT of files from MS Word 2010 into PDFs, do you notice the following:

Changes formatting on MS Word Documents such that they neither display or print correctly.

It can do all that, I don't remember offhand if a file needs to be copied first before extracting single pages and combining with other extracted pages, but it seems like it does not because they retain the original file names and the new must be assigned a name. And yes you just can drag the pages into the order you want them even after they have been merged into a new one. I didn't have any cause to use it with word so that is something I can't answer, but at the price I paid I was very happy with it.

It can do all that, I don't remember offhand if a file needs to be copied first before extracting single pages and combining with other extracted pages, but it seems like it does not because they retain the original file names and the new must be assigned a name. And yes you just can drag the pages into the order you want them even after they have been merged into a new one. I didn't have any cause to use it with word so that is something I can't answer, but at the price I paid I was very happy with it.

Thank you very much for your timel! That's all I need to know.

Back