• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to change the icon name background to match the desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Is there a way? Or does it have to be one of the colors that Win98 lets you pick when you check the desktop's background color? Cause I got a new background and the white behind the black icon name doesn't seem to match it

o0OBruceLeeO0o

what version of windows are you Using? I own win98 and winxp. Winxp lets you have the icon background transperent. In win98 you can change the color by right clicking the desktop and choosing "properties". Im not exactly sure which tab its under but its there :). If you have a different windows Im sure it will be similar to win98.

OP
T

Tipycol

I have Windows 98. I checked for something like that before, but I'll try again.

Thanks

Tipycol

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
I haven't messed with 98 in a while, but I think that it's either in the Desktop tab or the Appearances tab. If it's Desktop, I think you have to disable the background texture (... forgot what it's called... you know, where you can draw in a little 8x8 box and it will tile it as your background). If in the Appearences tab, it would probably be an Icon property.

Sorry that I can't be of more help....
JigPu

OP
T

Tipycol

CyberFed said:
yeah it should be under the display properties, i know you cant make it transparent but you can make it a color real close to the one on your desktop, thats what i do and everytime i can make it match perfectly

I was hoping to make it transparent, cause the background isn't a color but a picture. Oh well, guess it would've been hard to see the text without a background anyway.