• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to run [email protected] as service in 9x/ME environment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaliVW78

Any way to run [email protected] as service in 9x/

I need to be able to run [email protected] as a service but can't find anywhere that can help me. Found one but it was about NT machines only. Is there way I can do it on an 9x/ME box?? Thanks everyone.

Just hit 200 points for team 32 :beer:

OK, I did the registry editing, and deleted the shortcut in the start up. But, now when I reboot..a window for [email protected] comes up showing different extensions of the registry string created..example- -run or something like that. I click OK (The only option) but the application does not run, I still have to start manually. What am I doing wrong?? I would like to have this start without anything coming up on the screen or needing the user to do anything. Anyone help.

Last edited:
OP
CaliVW78

CaliVW78

Thanks Ploaf,
Cross your fingers, as this will hopefully allow me to insert [email protected] full time onto 4 more machines with no one noticing. hehe
Not really a big deal, everyone here just doesnt want the hassel of dealing with it. If its in the background they wont care. Thanks again.