• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any1 mod there floppy drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
like the dude said like 10 posts ago all the action on a floppy drive is underneath so you could put the floppy drive sideways against the side of a plexiglass case so u could see whats goin on

oh and of course you would have to replace the bottom of the drive w/ plexi glass

i just modded another floppy guys

i pulled out the old LED and moved it to the center of the eject button..

was a pain in the *** to wire it cause i had to allow for movement when the button poped out and was pushed back in but the drive still funcions properly so when i have a chance to plug it in i will take a pic and post it
i still gota fill in the old LED window and paint it to match the other computer but that comes later gota see if it woeks first

ok well i took someones advice and put the LED in the eject button.. it was a pain in the arse but it works great..

here is the site that i put it on(alot of pics)
light mod

i picked black cause i am making a black case to put it in.. and the yellow is cause i want the inside to look good through the window. :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

That is darn good looking!

Can you get a detailed shot of the eject button?

i think some gateways had the electronic eject floppy.it just had a touch button and it powered the floppy out.

Back